Friday, July 01, 2005

*sings* Mud, mud, glorious mud...!

Monday around 3 pm I went over to Elias's house to work on the movie. Since I had finished all of my character's scenes, I got to be an extra... It was kind of interesting, to say the least... LOL! Between John and Isaac, no one had much of a clue as to who was coming and who wasn't.... Poor communication seems to be rampant throughout this whole production... :-) And while we were waiting for more people to come, it starts to sprinkle. So John decides to get production going, and he and Isaac leave to make a grave site for my character, and eventually John's character. So they trudge off through this muddy bean field to the forest behind Elias's house, leaving Laura, Anna, who is an extra also, and I to find some flowers to pick for the grave, and Drew just tagged along with us.

So we start picking wild flowers, and the rain picks up. So we figure, "hey, we're already wet" so we play around in the rain, because it's still warm, and it feels nice. Then Elias's older sister comes out and says that we should watch out for flash flooding because the nearby creek has a tendancy to over flow. So we decide that maybe we should find John and Isaac and tell them to be careful. Then Laura, who I think was just fed up with not knowing what was going on, decides to take charge and lead the group in finding the guys, and we all kind of agreed that we would like a better route then walking a 1/4th of a mile to the forest, through a muddy bean field. So what do we do?

We ford the creek, which was indeed, beginning to overflow its bank... Yes, I said ford the creek. It was cold.... and it came up to about the middle of my thigh... AND I really considered being ticked off about becoming even more soaking wet, but I figured be being grouchy wasn't going to help the situation any... After all, everone else was wet and muddy too. What right did I have to complain? So we forded the creek, and began to make our way through the underbrush to the film site... And when we arrive, there is no one there!

Grrrr...

We were on one side of the film site, and to get to the main part, do you know what we had to do? Ford the creek again... *sigh* Which we of course do... But since there is no one there, Laura decides to lead us back to Elias's house.... through the bean field, which we had tried to avoid in the first place! (I have given-up trying to understand her logic.) So, after we got Drew out of the creek.... (He was having fun, playing in the water.) We began to wade through the mud, and we FINALLY find John, who says that we should go get costumed up, and ready to shoot. So we treck back to Elias's house and there, at the edge of the bean field is Isaac, Elias, and some other people, and they tell us that basically the same thing: Get costumes and props, and get ready to film.

So Laura, Anna, Drew and I raid various spots in Elias's yard where we had stashed the costumes and props out of the rain, and another extra shows up... Which sets Laura off again, because how is *this* person going to know where everyone is, and what's going on... So we get him a costume, and stomp back through the field to the shoot.

At the site, most of the guys are in the creek, because John decided that it would be cool to film this skirmish in the water... (The grave-site ended up being left for a drier day...) So they film for a little bit, work on some sword moves, re-shoot... And since I am an extra, I have to make sure that my face is covered, so the audience doesn't freak out, thinking that Rebecca is a double agent... It's pretty funny! I look lilke a ninja with bad sword fighting skills... So I 'fight' Anna, and totally suck... LOL! And then they film more of the fighting in the creek... Stuff like that... And then I get to 'die'. I run up, and try to kill Laura, and John throws a knife, and kills me. It took like, 4 takes.... but it will be okay, I guess. *laughs*

So we finally call it a wrap for the day, and we made our way back through the stupid bean field. (I honestly don't think I've been so muddy in my life!) And back at the house, we all fight for the hose, and some of the guys go and play in the creek some more... Which was most amusing! Then it started lightening again, and we were all hungry. So we decide to go eat at Be-Bops, which is a hamburger joint, by Wal-Mart. We decided on Be-Bops because you can only eat outside, and no one felt like going home to change out of our muddy clothes. But we discovered that it was pretty cold out, sitting in wet clothes, so we all went and ate our food in my mini-van. It was great fun!

So that was Monday in a nutshell... *laughs* Fording creeks, and mud! :-) Fun stuff!

No comments: