Sunday, July 10, 2005

Europe Journal, entry 11

7-10-04

Weather: Partly cloudy
Current Location: On the bus, driving through Switzerland.
Current Time: 4:05 pm CET (9:05 am CST)
Current mood: ...
Current music: ...

On the way up to the church all these black ‘Jamaican’ guys tried to make us friendship bracelets for some money... We said "no" like, a million times. They got mad when we said no and walked away.

Then, behind the church, all these local arts pester you to let them draw your picture... And you again have to say "no" a MILLION times!

For lunch Jill, Anne, and I ate in this cool little pub. I had a Corque Madame. It was really good! A Corque Madame is a fried ham sandwich with cheese and a fried egg on top. A Corque Monsieur is the same thing without the egg.

After we were done there we went to the Louvre... the famous art gallery were the Mona Lisa is kept. I got to see it! AND I took a picture. I also got to see the "Coronation of Josephene"... then I wandered around the Louvre and looked at other artworks... I bought a calligraphy set and book at the gift shop there.

After the Louvre, we went to the expensive area of Paris to "shop"... Ha, ha... I couldn’t afford anything there so I helped Nicole phone home.

We saw the hotel where the Princess Diana stayed before she died, and the tunnel where she had her accident.

Then we had some yummy dinner and went back to the hotel.

I mailed a package home of all the souvenirs I bought in London and Paris.

~Schnoebbles

No comments: