Monday, July 11, 2005

Europe Journal, entry 13

(Later)

Weather: Rainy/snowy
Current Location: Our hotel room in Champery
Current Time: 11:45 pm CET (4:45 pm CST)
Current mood: Full of chocolate!
Current music: Sleigh Ride

We went to Zermatt today and saw the Matterhorn. I got my picture taken with a St. Bernard. It turned out really good! I like it!

I had ice cream in the town of Zermatt. It was SO good! I want more!

I bought lots of things today and yesterday... Yesterday I bought some cat figurines... Today at Zermatt I bought 3 postcards, a cool head band, 1 photo, a shirt, lunch, ice cream, 3 pastries, 2 pops, and back at Champery I bought 22.50 Francs worth of chocolate. Tomorrow we get to sleep in till 7 am! Yay!

I am wearing my new winter hat band... I feel special.

We had our choir/band concert tonight for the people of Champery. The enjoyed it very much. We got an encore for "Stars and Stripes." Some people were waving signs that said "One More Time." I really enjoy seeing how people enjoy music.

The whole town is like a Christmas/gingerbread type place. I’m in love! The Alps are SO gorgeous! And everything is so fresh!

The people are really friendly.

Tomorrow, after we finish shopping at 12:35 pm, we’re going to see a castle. Yay!
Last night, Jill, Anne and I washed clothes... It was very interesting. Ha, ha! Jill and Anne washed clothes in the tub, and I used the sink. It took us a half hour to figure out how to string up the clothes-line and make it work.

Have I mentioned that the chocolate here is the best ever?

In our hotel room we have a wardrobe that looks like you could go to Narnia through it.

So far, the only wild life I’ve seen on the Alps is one deer... I thought there would be goats or something.

~Schnoebbles

No comments: