Friday, July 08, 2005

Europe Journal, entry 8

7-8-04

Weather: Rainy
Current Location: My hotel in Paris
Current Time: 11:45 pm CET (4:45 pm CST)
Current mood: Sleepy
Current music: Veggietales!

After we finally got to Paris yesterday we went to the restaurant. I tried the red wine... I didn’t like it... :-P

Today we have yummy croissants for breakfast!

We went to the Eiffel Tower today. A kid was 20 MINUTES LATE FOR THE FREAKING BUS! Holy cow! I was SO mad! We almost didn’t get to go up on the tower!!!! I went up only to the 1st level because we only had time to take the stairs!

Then we went to the choir concert at St. Severin’s Church. I got to sit next to Mark! *warm fuzzies* He has a girlfriend, but at least we’re friends.

Oh! Last night I had packed for today, and after the Eiffel Tower, we were changing for the choir and band concert, I realized that I had only packed one shoe! (My good shoes) And it was the shoe that had my bow tie in it that I forgot... So I had to borrow a tie from a choir person, and black shoes from someone in the back. I won’t let that happen again!

The we (after the choir concert, and before the band one) went and saw the Cathedral of Notre Dame. Oh, my gosh!!! That was SO amazing! I lit a candle at the shrine of St. Therese of Lessux.

Then we had the band concert... In Luxemburg Gardens... In the rain... Not too exciting.

After that we went on a boat ride on the river Seine. It was fun! Near the end, we met these 12 year-old boys from Wales... They were big show-offs! J Let’s just say that if Matthew talked like that I would clock him in the head.

Dinner was really good at the restaurant. The main meal was chicken, and dessert was chocolate mousse!

Tomorrow we are visiting the Louvre.

Goodnight!

~Schnoebbles

No comments: