Saturday, June 24, 2006

Stuff from me...

"Oh, Percy Grainger.... I have a very serious love/hate relationship with you." -Me during municipal band rehearsal.

Okay, so that quote's just me being weird. For the people who don't know who Percy Granger is, he was an English composer, born in 1882. He is very very famous for his arrangements of folk songs from the British Isles. His music can either be ridiculously easy, or INSANELY hard. There's really no "in between." But it's all absolutely beautiful! We're playing a piece by him called "Shepherds Hey!" and it's a pretty happy dance tune. But, it's hard. Oh, well!

Jessica and I went shopping this morning! I bought a new outfit for the wedding I'm going to tomorrow with Margie! I like the outfit, but... Gosh, I wish I had nice slender legs.

Yesterday I was trying to get Jessica to eat some cookies with me and this is how the conversation went:

Jess: I can't eat the cookies. I've been doing good! I'm eating healthy!
Me: So? Now you need to reward yourself. Eat the cookies!
Jess: No!
Me: Yes!
Jess: I won't. You heard Jake... I'm a heifer.
Me: You're not a heifer... We've been working out!
Jess: No, I'm still a heifer
Me: Nuh-uh! You are not... You don't even moo!
Jess: *laughs/snorts* ......muuuuuuuuuuuuuuoooooooohhhhh...
Me: *laughs* That's not a "moo!" that's a cat meowing in bass!

Ooooh Jessica... We have the best times together!

It's late... I'm off to find a snack and to go to bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whose wedding?

Isaac Mahomie said...

Three cheers for Basses!

Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Huzzah!