Sunday, June 18, 2006

Plodding Along...

I actually made some tips at Perkins today! Hoorah! I almost averaged working $7/hr. Now I can buy some gas for the car. The next time I work is Tuesday... 10 pm to 6 am... And it's just me and the cook... Oh boy.... It should be interesting...

AND I ran 1.5 miles tonight with Jessica! The farthest yet! *is proud of herself* Afterwards I went back to Jessica's house and ate some key lime pie... Which is pretty much one of my favorite pies!!! :-D

I got sunburnt yesterday working at the farm.... I forgot to put sunscreen on my neck and ears. They were kind of hurting last night. I have noticed that I've started to freckle, which hasn't happened for about 9 years. (No joke.) I guess I just haven't been outside as much since I was little... Even when I was at camp there were lots of times I was indoors or in the shade. So that's kind of a nice surprise. :-) It's more on my arms, but if I look close I can see some freckles on my nose and cheek bones.

I've had so many run-ins with spiders lately! Not cool. :-P Yesterday, there was one in the box of strawberries I picked, then I almost inhaled one while smelling a weird looking wild flower, then there was a giant one on the clothes pin I was using at the municple band concert. Bleh!

I've starting reading "The Dark is Rising" Series by Susan Cooper. The first book being "Over Sea, Under Stone." They are one of my favorite books! I haven't had a chance to read them again since I first read them in 1999. (I only remember the year because that was when we remodeled our house, and I remember reading the series while hammering and various other construction noises were going on.) I highly recommend them! The whole series revolves around the Arthurian ledgends. "Over Sea, Under Stone" is about the Holy Grail and takes place in Cornwall. I love the strong "good vs. evil" undertone throughout the book. And I'm particular to British authors anyway... Haha.



I have some musings brewwing around in my head... but they aren't ready to be typed out yet.... So that's all for now. Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes my friend. We WILL have Doctor Who nights if I have anything to say about it. Or....if Sci Fi deigns to tell us when they're freaking going to show season 2!! ARRRGGHHH! I now see why the message boards refer to it as the 'Sly lie' channel. lol. :D