Monday, June 26, 2006

Oh, life...

The wedding last night was fun... Although TONS of Wartburg people got drunk. I'm not saying I'm surprised, I'm just stating it. The fact that the bar had free beer didn't help either. Margie and I had Shirly Temples, (for the first time, I might add) and they were tasty! Margie, Kelsie and I all danced and had a good time! I learned how to dance the "Electric slide" and Margie taught a drunk man how to do the Macarena. It was pretty amusing! :-)

Oh, and I don't like wearing mascara. It's the biggest pain in the world to remove. My eyelashes are rather long, but they've been lightened by the sun, so they're lighter on the end... phooey. :-P

Heehee, so this summer I've gotten tired of my lily white skin so I've been putting on sunless tanner just to take the edge off my blinding skin, lol.... I actually don't think it looks too bad! Carina complimented me on it when Margie and I ate at Culver's today. I don't really look "orange-ish" with the exception of the palm of my hands... I guess I didn't wash them well enough because now I have rather orange-tinted hands... It doesn't really bother me, it's just amusing.

Ug... I worked at Perkins tonight. It was fine until 9 pm rolled around and I was supposed to get off. I had to clean some stuff and I ended up not finishing until 11 pm. Not cool.... I started this post before I left, and coming back to it, I was feeling rather nasty, but typing and listening to my iTunes has helped a lot... Music is amazing... Although I still want a hug or something...

Since it's getting close to the 4th of July the municipal band has been playing a lot of patriotic music... I love it! :-D We play "Dixieland Polka" which is a sweet variant on the famous Dixie melody, this piece called "Fugue on Yankee Doodle" which is interesting, "American Patrol" and of course the great standard "Stars and Stripes Forever." I love that piece too! YAY PICCOLO PART! I also really really like this medley that we play. It has all the songs of the Armed Forces in it... Army: The Caissons Song, Navy: Anchors Aweigh, Air Force: Off We Go into the Wild Blue Yonder, Marines: The Marines' Hymn... It's amazing... It really is... and then while we play everyone who has served our country stand up to be recognized during whichever song plays. It is so cool. It's beyond words! It makes me feel so proud. :-)

...That's all I have for now... I'm hungry, so I'm going to find something to eat, then go to bed. Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a Wartburger, nothing wrong with being orange ;-)

Brett

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, the tune may be called "The Caisson Song," but the name of the song itself has long since changed. However, Army people really aren't all that imaginative, so they called it, "The Army Song." We had to sing it every night before we went to bed at Basic Training. Not fun.

Yes, food service sucks, and I'm sorry you have to do it. Please don't overwork yourself...

ArmyChris