Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Artichokes and Onions...

Today Scott, Jessica and I were watching the new Pink Panther movie with Steve Martin, and one of the lines he said in the movie was: "Women are like artichokes... There are many layers you have to go through before you get to the heart." And we were laughing about that, and I look at Jessica and ask her if she's an artichoke, and she looks as Scott, who is still chuckling. Scott playfully agrees and turns to me, and says "Sarah, you're like an onion..." thinking more along the lines of the movie Shrek, but my rapier wit jumps in and I blurt out: "Yeah, because I make boys cry."

Now, I honestly am not aware of actually making any boy cry. (Aside from my brothers... when we were little... I feel I must be honest...) Although there is a slight nagging feeling that somehow someshere I might have, but I can't think of anytime, so right now I must conclude that it was unintentional... It's a big "round robin"...

Anyway, I'm not mad at Scott or anything for the comment, it just that my quick wit which often stems from not taking the time to think before I speak, and probably at the prodding of my subconscious (darn you Freud!) seems to constantly find ways to remind me that I'm still single.

*siiiiigh*

Well, I have to be at the Farm at 7 am tomorrow, so I'm off to bed...




"This is wanting something, this is reaching for it,
This is wishing that a moment would arrive.
This is taking chances, this is almost touching, what the beauty is.
I don’t understand a word they’re saying,
I’m as different here as different can be.
But the beauty is I still meet people like me."
~The Light in the Piazza

No comments: