Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Hey I'm back!

Wow... Sorry about the lapse in posting... I've been so busy lately!

I started at Perkins on Sunday and I started at the Farm on Monday. I love both, although they each are hard for different reasons. The Farm, because it's a lot of working bent/hunched over, in the hot sun, and Perkins you're on you feet the whole time, and there are lots and lots to remember... And not just "what dish goes to which person" or "who ordered what drink" is all the different possible sides and substitutions... It's crazy!

Slight tangent: Right now, I really enjoy working at Perkins! My coworkers are nice and I love the variety of customers. :-) Tomorrow I get 3 tables to myself, so I actually might get to earn some tips! And, Perkins has by far the best breaks ever! You get a half hour and you can just order off the menu! :-) WAAAY better then Kohl's or Movie Gallery, or even Fareway! Fareway, obviously as a grocery store, had food, but not all the cooking facilities to accomodate hungry workers... Kohl's gave you a half hour. :-P and our Kolh's is on the edge of town, and not near ANYTHING except possibly The World's Slowest Subway. So that was pointless. Movie Gallery really didn't even give you lunch breaks. Yes. Perkins breaks are awesome! Especially since I get a great discount when I work. :-)

24 days until Pirates of the Caribbean II!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! :-D :-D :-D

Hmmm... what else... I saw CARS, and on Friday Jessica and I watched Cool Runnings, and on Saturday Jessica, Scott and I watched Kicking and Screaming. (Which was okay...Not *as* funny as I'd hoped...) and on Sunday Jessica, Scott, Suzie and 2 of Jessica's Drake friends who came to visit and I watched Firewall. And this afternoon I watched the Tony Awards, which mom had taped for me. So awesome! I was really proud of myself! I actually knew a lot of the actors! :-) I texted Rachel back and forth as I watched it, it was pretty fun. Some of the stuff they're doing with the revival of Sweeney Todd looks delightfully creepy! :-)

Hmmm.... I'm really tired... and I don't feel like I have much else to say... So that's it for now!

No comments: