Thursday, June 22, 2006

My day...

I ended up working from 8 am to about 5 pm at Perkins, when I was scheduled to get off at 1:30. The manager asked if I could stay til 4, which wasn't a big deal. So I did. With the tips I made, Mom and I figured that today, in addition to my hourly pay I made about $11/hr today. Sweet! :-D

Wow, it was crazy... I'm still getting a hold of everything... And I didn't mess up TOOO bad... Nothing insane or stupid. It was mostly just timing and me not having enough hands or individual selves... lol...

A word of advice: Think really hard before you stiff your server. In case you are unsure of what this means, it means not leaving a tip. Now I'm not saying you have to tip the full amount or anything, but leaving something is far better then nothing. I had 3 tables stiff me today. I'm not mad, it's just annoying. Very annoying. Servers get paid far under minimum wage because they are expected to make up for it in tips. I think at least 2 tables stiffed me because their food took absolutely for-freaking-ever. And there was nothing I could do about that... Perkins has these new wraps, and we were also training a new cook and the wrap orders just seemed to take ages and ages! There was nothing I could do about the food. But one table got kind of... ticked off. They were all like "We've been waiting for a long time for our food. We are in a hurry." So I finally bring them their food and I check on them from time to time and get them new drinks and clear their plates when they're done and all that stuff... But what I couldn't understand was that they sat there for about another 45-60 minutes AFTER they had finished their food... I mean, they claimed they had been waiting an hour already for their food and then they sat there for forever after they were all done... :-P Whatever.

I don't know why the other table stiffed me. *eye roll* One of the kids at the table spilled their water while I was taking their order and it went EVERYWHERE, so I just moved them to a different booth, so it would be easier to clean up... It was a hassle. Again... Whatever.

I did have one table that was amazing though! :-) 4 people from Arkansas, old enough to be my grandparents. They were the nicest people I've met in a long time! One guy at the table talked just like the character "Mater" played by Larry the Cable Guy in the movie "CARS." And it's not because of his accent, it was the pitch of his voice too. It was great! I went to take their drink order, and I apologized for the wait and "Mater" looked at me and said: "Wehll shooot! That's okay! Wer used ta waitin', en ef we git a purtty young waitress like yew, eet's worth the et!" *blush* I took care of their order and kept up with the stuff they needed, it was pretty easy table compared to others, but really.... That table was great! :-D They left me the biggest tip of the day too. By far. TOTALLY disproportianate to their bill. $13! I can't remember ever leaving a waiter that much money! The money doesn't matter as much though from that table. They were just awesome and nice! :-)

So that was pretty much my day... Jessica came over tonight and we watched The Light in the Piazza... Or what we could of it... We discovered that the lights had gone out while I recorded it, so we missed like, 45 minuntes in the 1st act--- i.e. all the good love songs! :-( *is really really sad and upset/angry*

Oh well... I figure something out on how to fix it... For now, bed time! Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE SARAH!