Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Midnight musings...

*sigh*

Sometimes I wonder if my life would be easier if I wasn't such a hopeless romantic.

And then that leads me to think, would I have the same friends if I wasn't a hopeless romantic?

And, would I (from what it seems like now,) still be (through no apparent fault of my own) what I like to call "perpetually single?"


Because sometimes it sucks being single and... Well, alone.


I feel that it's hard to explain that I'm not mad or jealous of my friends and their relationships. I am so happy for them, and I love being together with them. (And Jess if you're reading this, I've never felt like a 3rd wheel, so don't freak out.) It's not awkward. I revel and feed off their joy, silliness and contribute my own touch of humor.

I'm just impatient for my turn.

I feel left out, and for those of you who know me, or have heard me talk about this... One of the quickest ways to tick me off is to purposely exclude me.

I'll be 20 in September and the longest I've dated was a month, and that relationship was totally unfair to the guy who asked me out. I *knew* I was leaving for college....

*siiiigh*

I suppose if I wasn't a hopeless romantic, my morals would be different as well.

And that thought just makes me sick. If there's one point I'm really proud of, it's my stubbornness when it comes to my personal morals.

Anyway...

So I guess this late night rambling has brought me to the conclusion that being a hopeless romantic is an inescapable piece of my character... I wouldn't be the person that I am now if I wasn't a hopeless romantic...

...I just have to deal with these bouts of melancholy and keep reminding God that I'm still waiting for my proverbial "Prince Charming."

Remember *this* post? I think this poem will forever exemplify my feelings...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is disheartening, no? I have four sets of friends getting married next summer, and there are times when I can't help but ask myself, "what's wrong with me?" Or, at the very least, feeling a bit left out. Some of this I've done to myself.

But if I'm any indication, it's not because you're a hopeless romantic, because I'm not (or else I haven't found the right person to bring the romantic in me out). In my case, it's because my standards are way too high.

In any case, an attractive, intelligent, kind, quality young lady such as yourself should have no trouble finding yourself a nice boy someday (don't lower your standards!). In the meantime, it sucks, but I think it's worth it in the end.