Thursday, July 27, 2006

Stupid blogger...

Okay, so I'm finally able to actually post something on blogger... It was being stupid last night and earlier this morning and not loading. :-P Phooey.

Yesterday I ate an entire cantelope! It was soooo good! All perfectly ripe and deliciously juicey... Mmmmm... :-)

Yesterday Jill and I went and ate dinner at The Barrel because she had never eaten there before. It was great and yummy and extremely filling. We loved it! Then we went to Target and I supposedly helped her pick a bridal shower card and a wedding card. She actually picked them out while I tried to convice her that she should get one of the "Happy 40th Birthday" cards and just scratch out the "Happy 40th Birthday" part. That didn't work so I told her to just skip the wedding card and give them a "Happy Aniverssary" card in anticipation of a long marraige. No success.

Note to self: For Jill's wedding buy the most random birthday card of all tine, scratch out the message and write in "WEDDING." Then glue appropriately sized googley eyes to whatever subject is on the card. This will save you from buying the boring, frilly, lacey, glittery wedding cards that everyone else purchases. And give Jill something to laugh about.

I finally finished The Secret Garden! What a sweet book, although I didn't expect it to end so abruptly. I guess the movies take it farther, as well as the musical. Oh well.

It's nice out today, about 83 degrees, and not too humid. But man, we need rain. I've said that a bunch I know, but we still do. Almost all the grass is brown, and the stuff that isn't is just pretending to be green and it's really all brittle.

I really am hungry for breakfast and it's almost 2:30....Mmmm... eggs and pancakes... stupid Perkins.... :-P

I'm going to mail my order for a homemade rootbeer kit, then go get something to eat, and watch some M*A*S*H.

No comments: