Friday, July 14, 2006

Stuff that feels like a crisis in my summer...

Bleh. I've become moody again. And this time I know it's hormones, and there's nothing that I really can do to change that. It's just super annoying.

I happen to be blogging from the steps of my house. Yes, I am outside. Yay for protected wireless internet! I'm almost getting eaten alive by mosquitoes but I don't care. Inside is freezing cold due to the stupid air conditioning. My bedroom is even more cold, as it is in the basement, plus the air conditioning. Mary is home for a camp session break and is all "I don't care. I like the air conditioning."

Hence, me outside. Blasting the music playing from my iTunes throughout my crickety nieghborhood. With little bugs bouncing off the computer screen and mosquitoes hovering around me. My dog hears me... I can hear her walking around in her kennel.

It's humid and the stars are coming out, and the lightening bugs are flashing. It's beautiful. I wish someone was here to go for a walk to the lake or something. It's a perfect night for that.

I drove through McDonalds again tonight. This time I got an inflatable sword in my Happy Meal. I DID find it rather amusing until my sister blew up the one she got and it turned out NOT to be broken like the swords Mike and I got. Duct tape didn't even fix it. What it is, is the plug doesn't stay in and all the air leaks out. I mean, I can deal with my sword not working... Good grief, it's from McDonalds. It was mom saying: "Look, Mary blew it up in one breath... Look, her's isn't broken...." that was getting to me.

Ug....... Stupid hormones that make me irritable.....

...Okay, so I'm back inside, in my bed, in the freezing basement. I have put a sweatshirt on. I was forced inside by the discovery that the bugs were getting bigger the longer I stayed outside. Not cool.

What else put me into a grumpy mood was Mary trying to press-gang me into working at Tanglefoot. I feel like I've said no a million times. I asked about a job there back in January and they just couldn't pay me enough for what I needed. I enjoyed the time I worked there, I learned a lot. But it's no longer where I'm meant to be. I'm glad she's enjoying working there. But I wish she'd stop forcing it on me. She can talk about it, tell me stories, that's all fine. But I don't want to work there anymore. And DON'T play the "But Jessica is going to work there"-card. Tanglefoot has become short-staffed. They asked her if she could help out. It was her choice. And now I'm Jessica-less for 3 weeks.

And NOW what am I going to do? This pretty much feels like a crisis in my summer. Who's gonna make rootbeer with me? Who's gonna go see Superman with me??? Who will spontaniously go swimming with me? Who will let me come over when I want to get away and take a break from my family????

GAH! I'm crying... I hate PMS!

I hate how this is such a big deal to me. Jessica! I know you're at Sonshine, but AH! What am I gonna do????? :-(

I'm not mad AT Jessica. I'm mad at the situation. At least during school I can call her whenever I freaking want.

Sam and Devon might come and visit next week which would be really fun. Hooray for theatre people! That will help me feel better for sure. In fact, it's really nice to have someone say: "Hey, can we come and visit you?" instead of me saying: "Hey, you should come visit me!" Which is usually how is goes.

Another crisis.... Charlie the II, my ivy plant is dying. And I don't know why!!!! Mom says it's because I didn't water him, but I did!I DID! And I thought he was getting enough sun and all that... But now he's dying. And I need to figure out how to make him better.

I hate the air conditioning. I'm about ready to go get mittens. I am so freaking cold. I've pulled my bed covers up over me. It's the middle of summer and I still have the flannel sheets on my bed. I know some people who would tell me that that is crazy. But I'm cold.

It's Friday night and I feel like I haven't done anything with anyone for forever. I haven't seen Jessica since last week. Since we saw Pirates together. Laura came over on Wednesday, and it was amazing, but it was much too short.

Why does it seem like I'm always the one who calls people to see if they're doing anything? To see if they want to do anything with me?:-P

I miss the social life of Wartburg. I miss eating dinner with Julia and Jill every night. I miss watching Boston Legal and House with Rachel. I miss tango-ing with Amanda to Sousa marches in the FAC while waiting for the Wind Ensemble to get done with rehearsal.

I am going to make a cloak. Yes Isaac, you are a trend-setter. It will be warm and fuzzy and happy and I will wear it at school. In the dorm and all around. And I looked at cloak patterns today, but I didn't buy anything yet. I think I have it figured out how to do the cool wrap-around thing with the cloak like in the movie "Merlin's Apprentice."

...Okay that's enough of meloncholy pms posting.... I'm going to go write some more of my story now. Then go to bed.

2 comments:

Laura said...

oh sarah. i love you and i'm sad that you're sad and that your "alcove" is cold. i am also going to make a cloak like jack wore in merlin's apprentice. and an adventure shirt. with buckles.

BUCKLES ARE SEXY!

if it makes you feel any better, i had a sucky time at the eye doctor today! i hate going there! we need to have a story day sometime soon. because i want to know what happens in yours.

love love love. remember the people you can't reach. i'm here for you, babe. you just have to call me up and say "i'm cold and my life sucks" and i'll listen to rant about it. because, i think you're special.

sweetdreams, girl!

Laura said...

re: isaac's post: opinions

nicely done, girl. woo hoo for sarah! [pirate smiley]

BUCKLES!