Monday, July 24, 2006

The calendar SAYS it's Monday... but it FEELS like it's lying...

I bought the pattern for my adventure cloak today. This is the picture. I need to buy fabric for it still. I'm looking at prices of microsuede on the internet to see if it's any cheaper online then to buy it from Hobby Lobby or Jo-Ann's. The cheapest I've seen was $7/yd and the most expensive was $25/yd.

Xanga is being weird/stupid. They are no longer sending me e-mails when my friends update or when I get comments.... grrr...

I made $12 in tips today at Perkins. :-P Bleh.... They sent me on break when it got busy over dinner. Not fair.

My new contacts gave me a headache this morning so I put my hard ones back in. My vision with the soft contacts had been noticably decreasing... Getting fuzzy and all that... And I wanted to drive so I just changed them.. I called the optomestrist's office (last four digits 2020...hahaha!) and they said that I need to wear them at least 4-5 days before I get used to them. Ug.

Talking with ArmyChris online is always fun and great and nice. No matter what mood I'm in, he always cheers me up. :-) He currently is pretty much insisting that all men are scum and since I am "cute and attractive" (Direct quote, I might add. Not my words.) I should routinely carry some sort of bat to beat them off.... Since I am being actively pursued by sooooooo many guys.... lol... Heeheehee... I don't know why I find this so very insanely amusing... But I do... :-P

Dad and Matthew are out canoeing with Matthew's Boy Scout troup. Matthew gave us uncountable reassurances that he would apply sunscreen alllll the time as to avoid getting sunroasted like last time. They made trail mix and left the extra at home and I am having fun eating all the nuts, gummy bears and M&M's out of it, and leaving all the dried fruit. Because I don't like dried rasins, cranberrys, bananas and pineapple. :-P

It rained and stormed a little today! It was nice!! :-) I noticed that one of our Lilac bushes is getting all yellow-y... Maybe I'll water it tomorrow.

I also really need to give our dog, Keeley a bath... Cause she's pretty smelly. Too bad Jessica's not here for me to press-gang her into helping me... Anyone else want to volunteer? My dog *is* friendly... Which is the problem... She doesn't stay still! lol...

Mmm... I love jazz music... Saturday night I went with Philomena and my grandparents to Dixiefest which was in City Park. Dixie music is cool! :-) It's basically a jazz band with a banjo, clarinet and a tuba. The band we saw came all the way from Australia and they were pretty freaking amazing!

I want to marathon Lord of the Rings again... And I want to eat some cookiedough ice cream...

...I need to get some Josh Groban music... *sigh*

Okay, I need to stop selectively eating this trail mix and go to bed.... Night all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a spiked club you can borrow, if you'd like. Other then that, well, every young woman needs a bodice dagger, and I'd be more then happy to pick one up for you at the next faire I hit up.

Brett

Anonymous said...

Do you want to wait until we get back to school for a LOTR marathon? Then I could join you, and I do need to see them. I'm not sure if I'll have the books done by then, though.

Anonymous said...

oh, sorry i forgot to sign that last comment. this is julie, btw.