Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Stupid colds....

:-P I am getting sick and it's so not cool.... Practically the same kind of cold I had at the end of last semester. Congestion, deep cough, aches. Stupid germs. When I cough the back of my head hurts.

I took a nap today and it was amazing.

In other news, I am ridiculously excited for my trombone/tuba methods class! We met for the 1st time today and I can tell it's going to be awesome. Probably because it's being taught by Dr. Hancock, but still. I can't wait! I signed up to play trombone in May Term band this year.

Oh! Also, for my May Term class, Intro to Theatre, I am going to New York, New York for two weeks! :-D THAT will be ridiculously fun as well! I know we are going to see a show at the Metropolitan Opera and do a lot of touristy things while we're there. However, the main reason is of course theatre... I think we are getting a backstage tour of the New Amsterdam Theatre which is where Mary Poppins is currently showing.

Also, we're not actually going to SEE the show, but the theatre where Angela Lansbury is starring in newest her show "Deuce" is on the same block as our hotel... There's talk among the class of haunting the backstage door to see if we could get her autograph... I'm tempted to bring my VHS tape of The Court Jester... (Which came out in 1956... She starred in it with Danny Kaye, Basil Rathbone and Glynis Jones. In real life, when Angela made the movie, she was 31... lol, you know... FYI.)

BUT, for real, this is the list of shows on Broadway that we WILL be seeing...

Inherit the Wind
Company
Curtains
Spring Awakening
Grey's Gardens
110 in the Shade
The Pirate Queen
In the Heights

I am way excited.... Particularly for The Pirate Queen! I've seen previews for that online and it looks amazing!!!!! Put on as a collaboration of the people who did Riverdance and Les Miserables! :-D

[On a side note, I still hate this cold.]

While we're in New York we also have a night to ourselves to pick a show to go see.... I kind of want to see Beauty and the Beast, but the Drowsy Chaperone looks amazing too... Ahhh.... :-P


Okay, I need to do some homework... BTW, "The Prestige" came out on DVD yesterday! I want to buy it!!!!!

No comments: