Monday, February 19, 2007

Adventures! Well... Little ones anyway.

Jessica and Scott visiting were absolutely just what I needed. I feel so much better. It was an amazing good time!

Friday night, for dinner Scott, Jessica, Ted, Jared and I went out to eat. We went to a sushi restaurant that both Ted and Jessica knew about. It was my first time trying sushi, but I liked it! :-) I got a pretty "tame" dish for my first try (according to Ted)--I think it was called "crystal shrimp" or something... It had shrimp, crab and avocados in it. It was really good, it'd be fun to go back sometime. Some of the best parts of dinner were Ted, Scott and Jessica trying to eat the soup they had ordered.... I tried it and it was so salty... Like, worse than the salt-water rinse I had to do after I had my wisdom teeth removed. And I also ate a piece of wasabi paste that was on my plate.... I didn't know what it was.... But I do now!

When we get back to campus, Jessica, Scott and I met up with Duane and we went to the Seventh Day Slumber concert. That was pretty cool too. I had never heard of them before.

By the time the concert was over it was snowing outside. It was really beautiful! :-) The four of us decided to take Lead the Bowling Pin, to the old railroad bridge and take pictures. It was awesome! The snow was thick and beautiful and you could smell the vanilla from the Nestle Factory. :-) We took some pretty silly pictures, which will probably end up on here eventually.

When we got back to the dorm we were all hungry, so we ordered pizza. Jessica wanted to play Mario Kart on our Nintendo 64 so we borrowed 2 extra controllers from Ted and raced for about an hour and a half with a break in between to eat pizza. Ted and Jenna stopped by and it was a party! I really think that was the largest amount of people that have been in my dorm room that are not genetically related to me! Mario Kart was pretty fun... Jessica pretty much owned everyone as Yoshi, and Duane kept zapping everyone with the lightening bolt, making us all itty-bitty. Ted had a lot of fun laughing at all of our poor video game skills.... :-P LOL!

We finally called it quits around 1 am. Duane had left around 12, Jenna before that, and Ted around 12:30. We watched a bit of Faron the Prophecy, but we hadn't even gotten halfway through before Jessica started falling asleep. So we decided to go to bed. Earlier in the week I had asked Ted if it would be okay for Scott to sleep on their futon, since Jessica was sleeping in the empty bed in my room (Leah is gone for the weekend.) I showed him where Ted lived and I came back and started getting ready for bed.

Jessica and I ended up talking for a long time... It was something I really needed to do... I think we both did, although I feel like I did most of the talking. Some of it was stuff that I had talked to Ted about on MSN, but a lot of it wasn't. And talking about it in person is TOTALLY different than typing it in an online conversation. Some of it was also what I have been blogging about, just elaborated and explained. And then there some stuff that just can't be blogged about.

Jessica and I talked about the different stresses in our lives... And how hard this particular week as been on both of us. We talked about things that make us mad and things that frustrate us, and things that upset us for no reason. We discussed hormones and trying to deal with life, and how we're pretty dorky and weird. Especially together. We talked about hiding how we really feel, about hiding how stressed, frustrated and scared we get and how we wish people would look past the front we often put on... How we often avoid telling others that we're really struggling because we know that they have their own problems to deal with as well. How your heart can ache when you tell people that you are "okay" when you're really not and you wish certain people would just pull you aside and force you to say what the real problem is. We talked about social expectations, social interactions, hugs and being desperate for different things. We talked about how neither of us has found someone else at college who is like the other. How we haven't had any friendships that have progressed to how strong a of a bond we have between each other. We talked about how hard it is to be 2 1/2 hours away from each other and how it's so hard to find time to call and talk on the phone. We laughed and joked about how our time is spent poking each other on Facebook.

...Yeah... And those are just SOME of the stuff we talked about... We finally crashed around 5 in the morning. *sigh* It was a really good talk.

After we got up around 11 am, I eventually convinced Jessica that she was hungry and Jessica, Scott and I ate in the Den.

After lunch, we got Ted, and we all went and saw "Breach" at the movie theatre. It was a pretty cool movie... About a major leak in the FBI and how they caught the mole.

After we got back Ted left to go do something and Scott, Jessica and I finished watching Faron: the Prophecy. They both liked it! :-)

Jessica and Scott left after that... :-( Which was sad... But I'm really glad they came to visit!!!! It was an awesome good time!

Then for dinner I went to Carlos O'Kelley's with Ted and Jesse. That was pretty much hilarious as well.... They have some crazy plans for next year... LOL!

After I got back, I was a loser and practiced flute and piano for 45 minutes each and finished arranging Twinkle Twinkle Little Star as a string quartet--an assignment for my string methods class.

I came back around 11 pm... Put my pajamas on... Gave myself a facial, drank a cup of hot chocolate and then went to bed.

I feel so much better about life.

No comments: