Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Memories....

Wow... I was just sitting here, listening to my iTunes on shuffle and I realized that I recall so many memories and feelings by association...

The song "You and Me" by Lifehouse came on my iTunes... This was one of the "songs of the summer." It makes me think of going for a walk with Jessica, her boyfriend Scott, and Kelvin one sticky August night, and getting a call from Jason on my cell phone. I answered and all I heard was this song... When it was over, Jason got on the phone and told me that the song had come on the radio and he wanted to share it with me, becuase it made him think of me...

The song "If You Wanna get to Heaven" from the musical Big River... This reminds me of long aol talks til 3 in the morning with Jason... Sitting on my bed, shivering from the air conditioning... Often hungry, and with some leg cramps.

Burt's Bees Willow Bark Blemish Remover... This makes me think of just starting school... New people, new interests... Humid sticky nights... Falling hard for a friend... Late nights having fun...

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl... First of all, I still get the taste of cherry frozen coke when I watch or listen to the soundtrack of this movie. Seeing it with Jessica for the first time back in 2003 was so fun. Finding all the camp references, and finding things to quote back and forth. Being piratical. Seeing it with Linda, who was from NZ... More reciently watching it with Casey, joking and enjoying the company and the film. It was a nice release to a rather embarrasing day.

The song "Just the Girl" by The Click Five... Another song of the summer! Jammin' in the car with Jessica, going to, or coming from Cabin Coffee, sharing Burt's Bees Chapstick, going shopping... Laughing and giggling about life...

There's a song that we're playing in band called "A Festival Prelude" by Alfred Reed. I played it for Iowa Ambassadors of Music. I had to prepare it for the audition for the IAM band. There's a certain part in the peice where the 1st and 2nd flutes play in harmony, a 3rd apart. This reminds me of practicing that piece with my flute teacher, she playing the bottom, and I playing the top. As we played, we were in tune enough that I could here the overtone of the 5th. It was pretty cool! :-)

The song "Holiday" by Green Day... Also a song of the summer... This reminds me of coming home late from Isaac's after working on The Swordsmen... Driving down the highway, through the humid night, with the windows rolled down and the air conditioning on full blast.

*sigh* Good times, good times...

4 comments:

Nic said...

i've done that w/ my winamp, and i sometimes get songs that i didn't even remember downloading, lol.

Laura said...

"recognize"...isaac's house, you and me giggling in the living room, the night it rained and i got so wet and i said "sarah, i'm wet" and you said "hi, wet, it's nice to meet you".....


.....i miss summer. i miss everybody.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

*happy hugs* Hehe, those are some pretty good memories. It's crazy how songs pretty mcuh remind you of everything and anything! Love ya!