Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Me...

Maybe I haven't said anything because I'm scared... Scared that something will happen and I'll get hurt, or somehow I'll hurt you...

Would you be gentle with my heart? There are times it feels like it is made of spun glass and tarnished silver. I'm not perfect and my heart is fragile. You could crush it with a simple squeeze of your fist.

2 people have held my heart before... I pined away but nothing became of it...

-I know the first would have been gentle, although it wouldn't have worked. He would have handed my heart back to me slowly and carefully, gently closing my fingers around it, with the reassurance that we would still be friends.

-I took my heart back from the second before it was ground into dust. His preferences were blatantly shown long after I had fallen hard. Had I voiced anything I would have been met with ridicule and sarcasm. My heart would have been roughly shoved back towards me, and I would be left alone to put it back together, trying not to cut my fingers on the glass.

I think I need to stop expecting to see a knight on a white charger ride over the hill to sweep me away. Maybe I've been looking in the wrong places... How do I know my knight isn't in disguise?

I want someone who will share my joys and help me through my sorrows and frustrations. When I'm with them, I don't want to have to hide my emotions. I'm really not easy going all the time. I want a person who would perceive when I'm not feeling happy, and show concern and appropriate affection. Someone who could put up with me and my quirks and silliness, and also my stubbornness and sarcasm. A person who wouldn't be afraid to stand up for me, to tell others to back off. Someone who would encourage me... Seek out my company... Love me...

I'm falling again... But I'm scared...

1 comment:

... said...

I'm not sure if I know how. I don't know if I can remember. I'm afraid too. afraid for you more than me. I'll be there. I can't promise a smooth landing, but I'll try.