Sunday, January 08, 2006

Back at college!

It's nice to be back... It's still a little quiet, and I must admit it's nice to have the dorm to myself for a night... I'm gotten all unpacked and straightened my things up. I'm watching the BBC version of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, made in 1988. A Christmas present from Matt! It's terribly corny, but I love it. :-)

Note to self: Dinty Moore beef stew is gross. Don't eat it again. Ever.

Mom and my grandparents brought me back to college today. I gave them a tour, and everything. It was fun! I think they were pretty impressed. Grandma however, is convinced that I'll get cancer or something from drinking the water... I'll admit, ground floor water is not the best, but I don't think it's that bad.

Oh, and Matt thinks the 2 bow ties I was able to finish are pretty sweet. :-)

In case anyone was wondering, my new vacuum is very very cool! Yay for cleaner dorms! However sources tell me that the dust bunnies in Hebron Ground (the boy's dorm) are multiplying, and gathering an army. I also heard that if you are careful, and listen closely, you can hear them converse in tiny voices, speaking a thick Scottish brogue. Some of them are wearing little kilts. One even has a sharpened popsicle stick... I think it's a dust bunny version of a broadsword...

Heehee... elaboration is fun!

Ahem... :-P

There is no snow here. How depressing is that? It's bad enough that it was melting back home... I hope it snows again. I brought my boots this time. That would make me mad if it didn't snow anymore, after I brought my boots... But what am I saying? The weather is ALWAYS crazy here.... It might not be until May, but more snow will definitely come... :-P

Aside from suddenly being prone to getting stuck on the side of driveways, I wish I had a car. Then maybe Casey wouldn't seem so far away. :-( I pester him on AOL, and I called him yesterday, but it's obviously not them same. It's not... fair, I guess is the word for it. Unfortunately, it can't be helped. I miss Casey, and I'm sad that I can't physically be there for him. It's different and difficult to begin this relationship in this situation, going to different schools. I'm not going to bother with "what ifs" because we're both happy at the school's we've chosen. It's just the fact that he's there... And I'm... Here. I am determined to find a way to see him, though... *looks conniving* I got to Grinnell didn't I? >:-} (And don't worry I quickly nixed the idea of hitch-hiking... I'll stick to the book, thank-you.) Hmmm... I'll be working on this idea... :-)



If I hold on to you too tight, you understand
You hold me too
You are the one who reaches through the dark
When I'm afraid, you warm the air
And, when I close my eyes to sleep
You are my peace, you are my prayer
You are my home
You make me strong
And in this world of strangers
I belong to someone
You are all I know
You're all I have

I won't let go

~You are My Home from the Broadway show "The Scarlet Pimpernel"

No comments: