Saturday, January 21, 2006

And home before dark!

We watched "Into the Woods" tonight. It was fun. Seeing it with different people gave me a different perspective of the movie... lol... The first time it was fun... Now the second time... I can analyze it and think about what it means. So much has happened since I saw it last... It's deeper then just a story about a beanstalk and a baker and his wife who want to have a child. The play really addresses our fears and struggles, our uncertainty and our triumphs, which are embodied by the "Woods". It's pretty deep!

This was just a moment in the woods.
Our moment,
Shimmering and lovely and sad.
Leave the moment, just be glad
For the moment that we had.
Every moment is of moment
When you're in the woods...

I'm single, and it's okay. I still think about the was it was, or could have been, but I agree. It's better this way. I'm also completely over "other" things too. I'm single and not thinking or pining about anyone. New concept, I know! lol!


Unhappy news... My wisdom teeth are coming in... It really itches in the back of my mouth. Earlier I was hoping it would go away, but no. Now it looks like I might have to spend my winter break getting them taken out. :-( NOT how I wanted to spend it... It's bad enough having to get my 3rd hepatitis booster shot... :-( Also what is not fun is my break does not coincide with anyone else's... How depressing!

Ug... I'm ready for bed... I need to start dropping hints that people should leave....


Let the moment go...
Don't forget it for a moment, though.
Just remembering you've had and "and",
When you're back to "or",
Makes the "or" mean more
Than it did before.
Now I understand...

1 comment:

... said...

When you're way up high
And you look below
At the world you left
And the things you know,
Little more than a glance
Is enough to show
You just how small you are.