Thursday, September 14, 2006

A good day

Tonight I got this e-mail from my flute teacher here at school:

Sarah,

The Martinu sonata is a brilliant work; one of my favorites :-) It will require diligent and consistent practice on your part in addition to required tone, technique and etude preparation for lessons.

I noticed a definite change in your attitude today about yourself and your commitment to your flute. If you are willing to take on the challenge, then I am more than happy to push you toward that goal.

I was very pleased today at your lesson. It was obvious that you have been practicing over the summer;-)

Take care and happy fluting,
drc

She also told me (in my lesson) that Dr. Hancock told her that he was very impressed with my band audition. I really need save this e-mail for a long long time to take out when I have a bad lesson day.

Somehow or other I have managed to look fabulous today. I wish I had a camera... Earrings, makeup, styled hair.... I'm not vain really, but looking nice really helped my day. :-)

Speaking of practicing, I already practiced my flute an hour today! :-D After that I jammed out on the piano to my piano music from the musical WICKED... It was very therapeutic. :-)

I took a nap today also. Yay naps! Naps are awesome...

No comments: