Sunday, September 10, 2006

Band Bonding

Band Bonding was amazing.... Even better then last year.... I suppose that's because I had some idea of what was going on. I'm entirely sleep deprrived, but it was worth it. I love singing the alto part in The Lord Bless You and Keep You.... And Scott R.'s speech about what band means to him... Well, HE started crying, and then *I* started crying... I can be such a watering pot... And I'm not talking PMS-I'm-mad-at-the-world crying, I mean a kind of "Wow, that's how I feel too..."- in an unexplainable way-crying.

I made a new friend, Rachel D. who've I've been Facebook conversing with before school, and last night we sat outside and tried watching the stars... It was slightly difficult as the moon was so bright.... But, oh, it was beautiful! We both saw one shooting star and it was amazing. She got back from bonding before I did because the car I was riding in... well the driver got lost... (*eye roll* It wasn't a big deal, just people who don't carry maps in their car. ) Anyway, I got back to the dorm and found an awesome facebook message waiting for me from Rachel and it was really really nice, and all warm-fuzzy-ish. It really touched me to have someone who I've just very recently met tell me that the time *I* spent with them specifically ment the most out of the whole band bonding experience. I'm excited to get to know her as the year progresses! We started tonight by renting Just Like Heaven and Nanny McPhee and then ordering pizza. It was freaking awesome and we had a good time. We watched Just like Heaven, idk when we'll watch Nanny Mcphee.

Part of me is still aching to be in Wind Ensemble..... But. There's nothing really that I can do about it right now.... If I was meant to be in Wind Ensemble, I'd be there. So, that's next year's goal. For now, it's Symphonic Band all the way. I came to this conclusion while listening to Scott R. talk to the band. He talked about how he tries his best to live a Christian life and play his trombone for the glory of God. Hearing him say that helped me realize that I need to stop wallowing in my frustration and focus my efforts on being the best I can be where I am. If my heart isn't in what I'm doing, it's not worth my time. And then I'll miss out on one of the greatest opportunities I have to grow. Because the band program here at Wartburg is amazing. I don't know how to adquately express it, but it is.

As Isaac suggested, on Friday I purchased some chocolate... Okay, not some, less then "quite a bit" but more then "some".... I don't know what's between that, but yes, I have chocolate.

I have, (with Rachel D.'s help) broken the 2000 song mark on my iTunes! w000t!



Okay, I am exhausted. I'm going to go to bed, and NOT lock myself out of my room.



Hey God.... I still need help steering this rusty radio-flyer wagon that is my life...

1 comment:

Kay Richardson said...

Sounds good, but have you ever tried Bond Banding? That's the good shit.