Friday, April 07, 2006

Update...

I'm slowly gleaning information about this play...

What do I know so far?

This is not a happy play. The play is a bunch of vignettes about the Vietnam War, baised on the experiences of people who lived in the midwest. Matt L.'s charater kills himself, the red and green movers move the "chess pieces" which are the named characters. The "Caller" is like the puppetmaster-- moving the pieces, and my character's husband goes crazy and she either divorces him or not... (Whichever it is, there's another character who does the opposite.)

Also, the director, Hans, knows the playwrite, so whoever THAT is might come to a performance.

:-P

*siiiigh* I really wanted to do a funny, lighthearted play... Like Arsenic and Old Lace...

2 comments:

Isaac Mahomie said...

Oh dear, Arsenic and Old Lace isn't exactly light hearted... but I love that show.

Sarah said...

You're right, it's more of a 'situational irony.' :-)