Monday, April 24, 2006

Finally! An update!

Hey! I'm finally updating!

Visiting Bre and Isaac at Bethel was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed visiting a different campus and the people I met were so nice! I really had a good time! The bus ride was certainly interesting... lol... Friday night I got to hang out with Isaac and some of the 2nd floor Nelson guys while Bre went to a concert for a class... The guys ate (and I think enjoyed) my sad crumbly cookies and we watched various flash animations. Then Bre came back and around 12 am we went to Perkins! :-D My first Perkins run of the whole entire school year! Bre and I split an ice cream Sunday. We went to bed around 2 am... lol...

Saturday afternoon we went shopping and I bought a new halter top at Kohl's that I'm excited to wear as soon as it warms up! When we got back we didn't have much time to get ready for roommate roulette... I think I took the fastest shower on the face of the earth! Roommate roulette was sooooo fun!!! :-D All the couples, in separate rooms, got name tags with Disney couples on them, and to find your date, you had to find the name that matched yours. Bre's nametag was "Jane" and I had "Esmeralda." My date's name was Tyler and he was sooo nice! Bre did a good job of finding a nice guy! :-) I had such a good time!

We started off the date by going to this organization called "Feed My Starving Children" and they package dry food to help combat hunger in third world countries. That was an amazing group bonding activity! We all got into groups and put together these high protein meals of chicken powder, dried vegetables, soy and rice. Each bag was 6 meals, and everyone worked hard to reach the goal of 8,000 meals! In fact everyone worked so hard we SURPASSED the goal! I don't remember the exact number of meals, but it was around 21,000-something!!! We packaged enough food to feed about 750 children for a month, or 51 children for a year! It was really cool! :-D

When we stopped and finished up the cleaning, they told us that we had packed 99 boxes, (each holding 36 bags) and they stated that no one had ever gotten so close to the 3-digit figure. And then all everyone was like: 99?! Why did we stop there??? Let's finish it! So another box was filled to make it an even 100. :-)

Wow, that was so amazing! :-D

After that we went to this house that belonged to the Aunt and Uncle of Rachel, who is Bre's RA. (It took me a while to figure out how I should phrase that... lol...) I rode with Bre, Yelena and... Oh gosh... I forgot her name... but she was awesome! (I'm a dork...) Our dates rode in a separate car and Bre's date was driving... AND HE IS A CRAZY DRIVER! He pretended that he was going to ram us off the road while we were on the interstate and we screamed. A lot.

At the house, there was tons of food, a bonfire, a trampoline, badminton, a ping-pong table and various board/card games. Tyler and I got food and sat around the bonfire. It was really fun. He showed me Canis Major (Sirius) and we talked about life, marshmallow roasting, compared Bethel to Wartburg, talked a little about religion and the Bible, siblings, homeschooling, camping, band (he plays trombone), international tours... Stuff like that. Again he was soo nice, and I really enjoyed it! :-) After the bonfire died down, we went inside and he played ping-pong and I played with this weird expandable spikey-sphere thing. Then Bre kicked my butt at Fooseball because I was too busy singing Broadway songs. ;-) Actually I just stink at fooseball, but that's okay. :-P Then Tyler and Bre waltzed, then Tyler waltzed with me and we talked about homeschooling some more. Finally we left around 2 am.

Back at Bethel Tyler showed us this cool path he made through the timber on campus. I thanked him for the great night, and Bre and sweet-awesome chick, and I went back to the dorms.

Her suitemates were still up (they had left the house earlier then we had) and we all talked about the awesomeness of the night overall. :-) Bre and I figured out church plans, then we FINALLY got to bed around 3:30 am. :-P

On Sunday Bre and I went to church at the Cathedral of St. Paul which was really cool! Then we grabbed lunch from a sweet little sub-shop and she took me to the bus station and I came back home!

This morning I went to the doctor with my sister to make sure that I still don't have sinus infection... And I'm clear, so I'm still on for getting my wisdom teeth out on Thursday... :-(

After that I took a nap and then finally, after much badgering from my mother, went and applied at a couple temp services. :-P

Tonight I went to Daniel's 6th grade band concert and now I'm back home on the computer!

Before I go this is an absolutely hilarious, waaay-too cool LOTR flash cartoon that I discovered while friending Bethel people on Facebook... lol.... Watch it, jam along, and enjoy!!! :-D

They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard!

Is it wrong that I'm so easily amused??? lol...


Anyway, I'm free until Thursday if anyone wants to do something!

3 comments:

Nic said...

wow, sounds like a busy time. i would hang out but i have so much stuff i have to do in the next couple of nights to get everything done before classes on thrusday. hope you find something to do;)

Anonymous said...

I would love to hang out pre-Thursday. Unfortunately, Stebens is eating my life. So, sorry. :(

scott said...

besides lifing with greg, I'm not doing anything, but i doubt if you want to hang out with me.