Sunday, July 22, 2007

No spoilers here!


So I'm back from my media blackout.

The party at B. Dalton's was okay. Nothing special... They had a 50 question quiz that I took and there was only one question that I didn't know, but I looked it up afterwards. (It was a book 4, Dobby related question.)

I came home about 1:15 am... I was so nervous at the bookstore because I was at the back of the line and there were all these people walking around and leaving with the Books and I didn't want to hear ANY spoilers.

After telling mom that I was home I went down to my dungeon. I had left my computer on, and I was "away" on AIM and "Appear Offline" on MSN...

However, MSN had allowed a conversation box through with the pop-up message saying basically "here are some messages you received while you were away" and before I could even stop myself I read the message.

It was from a young cousin of mine naming the character ABC-news reported as the one who dies at the end of the book.

I sat there in shock for about 2 minutes as tears started to roll down my cheek before I finally ran up two flights of stairs, audibly sobbing, while calling for my mom.

I was pretty much hysterical.

Mom and I spent about an hour and a half (with me crying the whole time) discussing why I shouldn't be mad at my cousin because they didn't know how much this book meant to me. She said that they probably thought since it was Harry Potter related, I'd like to know. The spoiler they told me confirmed something I predicted, but what upset me was that I worked so hard to not let the book be spoiled for me. And in two seconds I read a spoiler that my cousin had decided to send to me, by finding my name in the "offline" section of her MSN messanger.

And there's no more books to wait for, to say, "Well, I won't let THAT one be ruined for me."

This is the last one! So this unwanted information was a bit of a crisis.... I should have just shut off my computer.


Anyway, after I had calmed down it took another half hour for my nose to become unstuffy from all the crying so I could fall asleep and then, because of work, I ended up only getting an hour and a half's worth of sleep.

Work was long. End of story.

Made it home, napped from 12:30 to 5 pm, went to church, ate dinner and started reading Harry Potter at 7:30 pm.

And I finished it at 6:15 am this morning.






And the best part??????

THE SPOILER MY COUSIN TOLD ME WAS FALSE!


I'VE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY TO BE MISINFORMED IN MY LIFE!!!! :-D


It was a big relief! :-)





I did cry a lot though... Throughout the book. Everything about it is absolutely brilliant. But it involved a lot of crying....


But I'm going to bed now...





RIP My Beloved Book Characters.

3 comments:

Isaac Mahomie said...

Seriously, Anne of Green Gables has GOT to be your favourite book.

Sarah said...

LOL, it's not. Why? I mean, I read Green Gables when I was younger, but I lost interest as soon as Anne grew older than me towards the end of the book.

Just because I cried and mourned over book characters? How is that different from movies that make people cry?

Isaac Mahomie said...

The above post sounds like a chapter out of Anne of Green Gables.