Sunday, July 01, 2007

Doodles...

Okay, so I know I've completely entered supreme geeky fandom-ness when I draw pictures of fictional characters... Especially with me in them....

I was feeling inspired after watching the season finale of Doctor Who so I decided to draw a picture from the dream I had a while back...

It's not perfect. I am really really out of practice... I haven't really drawn anything of significance since 2005 when I was in high school. I'm rusty.
























The caption reads "Now listen, because this is very important.."

In my dream he was wearing pinstripes, but I didn't want to draw them. It took a long time to work out eyes, noses, sight-lines and body angles. Plus the hight difference. The Doctor is currently 6 feet 1 inch and I'm 5 ft 5 in. Oh, like the vague plastic lawn chair? LOL... :-) Oh, and David Tennant's hair is really hard to draw! I have problems drawing males anyway, but whew! It turned out better than I thought! I used my Doctor Who doll as a bit of a model for the profile of the face, and I watched my Doctor Who picture slideshow-screensaver for hair reference.

I want to photocopy it and color it... I wish I had photoshop!


Detail:
























Yup.... I'm the biggest dork of all time... I draw myself with the Doctor.... *giggle*

2 comments:

Matt said...

I think that's really wonderful, right there. Sarah, good news. I just figured out that if you wear mirrored sunglasses, you can blink whenever you want because the angels would see themselves in the lenses. Or they just wouldn't be able to figure out when your eyes are open or closed. ALSO, if you glue small mirrors on the back of your shirt, that'll cover the rear. It would all be very Perseus, lol.

My hot glue gun is warming up as we speak.

Laura said...

Sarah, have you ever heard the song "This is why I'm hot?"

...This is why you're hot. That's all.

LOVE!