Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Harry Potter Theories

Okay I'm saying right now if you have NOT read the sixth Harry Potter book, HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE stop reading right now. This post is full of spoilers as I jot down my theories for the 7th Harry Potter book.


So, don't bother reading if you don't want anything spoiled for you. If you're a Potter fan, I'm assuming you've read each book at least once and anything I say won't ruin it for you.

MOVIES DO NOT COUNT. They are awesome, but they leave so much out. So if you've only seen the movies, which are only up to 5 don't read further.





If you pass all those statements, and have read up to book 6 then scroll on dear reader!







If you haven't, my opinion of you has lessoned a bit at your lack of self-control and you can't say I didn't warn you for spoiling major plot points.



Unless otherwise stated, I came up with all these on my own, I promise! If other people have come to the same conclusion, excellent! I just don't want to sound like I'm stealing other people's ideas.















Sarah's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows plot ideas:




1. I think Moaning Myrtle was the death that enabled Riddle's Diary to become a Horcrux.

2. I believe that Karkaroff's death (by Voldemort) enabled the making of another Horcrux.

3. I think it'll be Ron who will die. (I think it was foreshadowed by the Chess Game in the 1st book.) A friend at school pointed this out and I agree.

4. If Ron does not die and Voldemort kills Harry instead I think Voldemort will still die. My theory is that since Voldemort coming back, using Harry's blood, along with his strong connection to Harry, Voldemort is like a parasite, living off Harry. If Harry dies, the parasite has nothing to sustain him and he dies as well. I can see Rowling killing Harry just to say, "Look. The series is over. I said there'd only be 7, didn't I? Harry's dead. As much as I loved him, it just had to be done."

5. This just occurred to me earlier today at work: What if Dumbledore's death renewed the spell Harry's mother gave him? You know, giving her life for her son, out of love, made it so Voldemort could not touch Harry. That way, Voldemort would again be unable to touch Harry without great pain!

6. I like the idea that Harry continues to show such a fierce loyalty to Dumbledore that Fawkes the Phoenix comes back and becomes Harry's.

7. I think it's possible that Wormtail's silver hand is now a Horcrux. If it is, this makes for an even more interesting plot twist, as Wormtail still owes a life-debt to Harry.

8. I still think that the initials RAB stand for Regulus Black, Sirius's brother and that the locket Ginny found in the 5th book while cleaning No. 12 Grimmauld Place is actually the locket Dumbledore and Harry were looking for in the 6th book. Perhaps the reason Regulus didn't last longer than 3 days after quitting the Death Eaters was that he had been working on destroying the Horcruxes.


That's all I have for now! I'm going to see the 5th movie tomorrow.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Sandy loved the horcrux theory.
And the phoenix one, too.
I forgot to tell her about the Dumbledore leaving his protection thinger.
But yeah.
I like your theories =]
And ENJOY THE MOVIE...
It was absolutely stunning =]=]=]

Isaac Mahomie said...

Harry and Voldermort will duel. Harry will sacrifice himself, which is the only way to destroy the Big Bad Evil Guy.
Then it will bring about the golden age of wizardry. Making the world a better place forever.
Then Rowling will be like "Look, Harry's Jesus!"

Sarah said...

Why do you think every main heroic character represents Jesus?

Rachel said...

Harry and Voldemort can't duel. They have the same wand core. Priori incantatem.

Sarah said...

Killing does not have to be dueling.

Rachel said...

I know that. I was responding to when Isaac said that they would duel.

Sarah said...

Ha. I'm an idiot, sorry.

But you know, who says either of them will use their own wand? Ooooh plot twist!

Rachel said...

Someone (Sandy or Rachel maybe Melissa) has a theory that Voldemort took Ollivander to get a different wand. So maybe. =]
I think it would be amazing if Harry killed him by a muggle method. It would be really ironic and suck to be him.

Isaac Mahomie said...

Rowling said she had previously hidden her Christian views because it would have "given away the direction of the series."