Saturday, January 06, 2007

Recap of 2006


So here's a bit of a recap of what went on over the year of 2006.... Some of it includes inside jokes with particular people, but oh well. Enjoy!



January:

-Dated Casey, which lasted a whole week.
-My Wisdom teeth started to hurt.
-I began my second semester schedule of DOOM, which included IS 101 Code and Codebreaking.
-The "But I lost my eyes in the river" picture from Stephen.
-I replanted Charlie the II.


February:

-I continued to establish the fact that I have weeeird dreams...
-Became alright with being single, for a time.
-I learned how to read my European calendar.
-One night Jill accidentally sat on Julia's cake.
-Julia told me her Facebook password.
-I skipped class for the first time.
-I dropped my contact down the drain at 2 am and I had to wear my glasses for a whole week.
-I discovered the Flying Spaghetti Monster


March:

-I discovered iTunes "signature" music maker (http://www.jasonfreeman.net/itsm/)
-Couldn't get my wisdom teeth removed as scheduled due to a sinus infection.
-Saw Pride and Prejudice for the first time. :-D
-Saw Mike and Laura in "The Memory of Water" with Jessica. (I LOVE STOMP)
-MAN-PUMA-MAN
-I got a hair cut.
-Almost signed up for Physics 101.
-Leah and I decided to be roomies! :-)
-Had flute lesson from Hell.


April:

-The premiere date of Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest was released.
-Auditioned and landed a part as "Megan" in the Mayterm play Vietnamese Chess
-"Look at this toothpick!"
-Took a my music theory II final which lasted 2 hours and 10 minutes.
-Visited Breanna at Bethel and had a good time! :-)
-Had my wisdom teeth removed with no complications.
-Wrote "Who Would Want a Dreamer"


May:

-Played Pirates of the Caribbean on the tenor sax in Mayterm band. :-D
-Played LotR Trivial Pursuit a couple times with John R.
-5/4/06 = STAR WARS Day
-I learned about satellites... And how they orbit.
-I became very broke.
-Jessica came and visited me! :-)
-I got over a 1st semester crush 100%.
-Got a summer job... In word only.
-Bought tickets to WICKED.
-Survived Mayterm.
-Met ArmyChris for the 1st time.
-Went Jet-skiing for the first time of the summer with Bre and Isaac.


June:

-Hung out with Jessica
-Saw the movie "Hook" for the first time with Jessica.
-Lost the summer job.
-Jessica and I started on our "Running Plan"
-Jessica and I went jet-skiing.
-Got a job at Perkins and the Farm.
-Saw "Cars" and "RV" both with Jessica. :-)
-Margie came and stayed overnight and we went to a wedding.
-Learned how to water-ski.
-Saw "Superman Returns" with Isaac and his family.


July:

-Hung out with Jessica.
-Went jet-skiing with Jessica.
-Started looking into making home-made rootbeer.
-I went tubing on the lake for the first time.
-Went to the midnight premiere of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN! :-D (With Jessica, Mary, Matthew, and Mary's friend Amanda.)
-I met Amanda M. for the first time and was an extra in the current summer movie.
-Jessica left to work at camp for a couple weeks which was a bit of a crisis...
-I saw WICKED in Minneapolis with Jill, Mary and my Mom.
-Sam and Devon came and visited me.
-I got the new 24-hour contacts.
-I ate McDonald's Happy Meals for the whole month to get all the PotC toys.


August:

-Hung out with Jessica.
-Went jet-skiing with Jessica.
-Saw "Superman Returns" again, this time I Forest City with Mike.
-Went to Minneapolis with Isaac for Heather's "Surprise going to Biola going away party-thing" and had lots of adventures with awesome people!
-Wrote my "Master List" of 124 qualities I want in a boyfriend/future husband.
-Got the audition music for Wartburg's band program.
-Made homemade rootbeer with Jessica.
-Jessica and I got our hair cut together.
-Gave my dog a bath, with the help of Jessica.
-Got Jessica to finally see RENT.
-Pirate-movie-marathoned with Jessica.
-Jessica left for Drake.
-I bought an iPod.
-I fell in love with the book "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer and her main character Edward Cullen.


September:

-Had my last day at Perkins before leaving for school.
-The Crocodile Hunter DIED!
-Moved back to Wartburg.
-Auditioned and made Symphonic Band. (crisis)
-Changed Mayterm schedule from Wind Ensemble Japan-trip to Intro to Theatre New York-trip.
-Got locked out of my room for an hour.
-Jessica's Birthday! Yay! :-)
-Talk like a Pirate Day and Rachel D.'s Birthday! :-)
-Began to teach music lessons at a local middle school.
-I broke the key to my dorm.
-Started hanging out with Ted, Jesse, Duane and Nathan.
-Saw The Reduced Shakespeare Company, Complete Works of God (Abridged)
-Had an awesome birthday with pirate stuff all around!!! :-D


October:

-Leah helped me get a job at ITS.
-I saw The Guardian with Jesse, Leah, Duane and Ted.
-OUTFLY!
-Had a fight.
-ArmyChris and Brett visited.
-I got new glasses.
-I saw The Prestige with Ted, Jesse, Nathan and Duane.
-"Your Mom" jokes became banned in our group of friends.
-Dad bought tickets for himself, Mary and I to go The Phantom of the Opera in February.
-I visited my Bethel Friends over Fall Break.
-I learned to play Guitar Hero and DDR.
-I bought tickets for Leah, Jessica and I to go see The Light in the Piazza in January.


November:

-Had my first false fire alarm at 12 am and had to stand outside in the cold for a while.
-Discovered that The Fray was coming to Wartburg in January.
-Got over an issue.
-I learned how to make a form of Dutch Letters.
-I got homesick.
-I got jealous.
-It snowed.
-I got in tickle fights.
-My Wishbone Facebook group (No, I haven't read that great literary classic--but I've seen the Wishbone!) broke 10,000 members.
-We had our spaghetti dinner.
-Saw Stranger Than Fiction with Ted, Duane and Jesse.
-I saw Happy Feet with Jessica and other people.
-Leah and I massively decorated for Christmas!
-I learned how to waltz.
-Massive Cold of DOOM kicked in.


December:

-I did some massive self-analyzing.
-I had an "Epiphany of Doom" thinking about Finals and my Music Jury.
-It was revealed that Pirates of the Caribbean, At World's End is hitting theaters May 25th!
-I learned that Flintstone Vitamins and hugs work wonders.
-I survived all my finals and passed EVERYTHING!
-I went Christmas shopping with Ted.
-I finally came home from break.
-I dog sat.
-I began reading Eragon.
-I learned the difference between dishwashER soap and dishwashING soap.
-Jessica came back from Drake!
-I saw the movie "Flicka" with Jessica and Julia.
-It rained a lot.
-I got to visit with Bre while she was in town
-The title for the 7th Harry Potter was released! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
-I bought fleece to make Ted's Christmas gift.
-I enjoyed Christmas.
-I did some more self-analyzing.
-I saw Eragon with Laura.
-Jessica left for St. Louis.
-I watched The Ballad of Ricky Bobby with Scott.
-I celebrated the New Years with my family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do believe you forgot to mention the time we were working at the Den and we put the taco meat down the garbage disposal and *someone* decided they wanted to watch it get disposed! "TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF! There's CHUNKS!"

-Julia :-D