Saturday, January 06, 2007

Woohooo! Update!


Wow... Time flies... I haven't posted since Tuesday... and that was only one sentence... ooops!

So during the day of Tuesday I ran to Family Video to return a movie and I stopped at Target to return some shoes that didn't fit... Then I came back home and got the room where Ted and Duane were gonna stay all ready. Then Jessica called so I invited her over to help me make Avocado Feta Salsa... Because it really not the same making it alone... And then she helped me make rice crispy treats! :-)

Then she left for a bit because SHE had to run to town to do some stuff, so I bummed around...

Ted and Duane got here around 4:30 and shortly after I took them on a tour of where I live... It was pretty amusing because the mini-van was acting up pretty bad... Lights randomly flashing when I braked along with the beeping and unlocking-locking door... The guys were kind of creeped out... It made me laugh. Oh and the van was also making a lot of weird noises along with all that other stuff... I can't really describe it... Ted and Duane also commented on my reversion to my "Minnesota Twang". (LOL) Halfway through the tour I called Jessica to see what she was up to... I went and picked her up and I introduced her to Ted and Duane. Then we finished the tour then went and picked up my brother from work... We had to wait a while because we were early, but that wasn't a big deal. Jessica and I did our usual YOO-HOO-ing to get Matthew to notice us. :-) While we were waiting Scott called and we arranged to pick him up after we were done getting Matthew.

So we took Matthew home and drove and picked up Scott... In the continually freaking-out van... And then we sat there in front of his house for a minute or two trying to figure out where to go for dinner... Much to the dismay of Ted who evidentially was STARVING... (I offered him some gum or Tic-tacs but he refused...) Through much encouragement from Jessica we all agreed to go to a local Chinese restaurant

The food was good and dinner was a good time... The food took kinda long... (Poor Ted...) Ted and Duane also had fun showing Scott and Jessica the little quirks that they've discovered about me... :-P

After dinner we all went back to my house and we played Pirates of the Caribbean Life. Matthew and Daniel joined in as a team. It was a good time although we had to cut it short to leave for the 9:30 showing of A Night in the Museum. GOOD MOVIE! I recommend going to see it! :-D After the movie I dropped Scott off at his house and Ted, Duane, Jessica and I came back to my house.... Where Jessica and I pounced on the Avocado Feta Salsa... We let Duane and Ted have some too... But... Um... Jessica and I really enjoyed it... :-D

Then Jessica kept hinting that she was tired and finally I asked her that if she was so tired, why didn't she just go home? Annnnd she kindly pointed out that I had picked her up... Which I had forgotten... That was kind of funny... And a little embarrassing on my part. Soooo we all piled back into the van and I took Jessica home.

When we got back Ted brought in his pile of DVD's and since he and Duane were pretty passive on what they preferred to watch I chose The Brother's Grimm which I hadn't seen since Winter Break 2005. Before we started the movie I went and got as many free pillows as I could find and Ted made his customary "nest" and we all laid on the floor and watched the movie. Ted and Duane quickly fell asleep but I stayed up and watched the whole movie... Mainly because I wasn't THAT tired and The Brother's Grimm has creepy music... It gets in my brain...

When the movie ended they were still sleeping so I got up, turned off the TV and started getting ready for bed. The guys got up about 20 minutes later and helped me pick up the unfinished PotC Life game. We all headed to bed around 3:45-4am.

...And I couldn't fall asleep until 4:30-5. Bleh.

Mom called me at 8:10 because Ted was up eating breakfast so I joined him. Yay for Kix! :-) Duane eventually woke up and had breakfast too... Then we all sleepily sat around the table for about a half-hour. Eventually Ted went back to bed upstairs, and Duane and I followed soon after. I got up from my nap around 11:15 but the guys were still sleeping so I just bummed around on my computer. They got up at about 12... Did stuff... Ted messed with my compy... Duane played "Sorry!" with Stephen and almost got "skunked". Then I took them to Cabin Coffee for lunch. :-D They liked it... Because Cabin Coffee is just that AH-may-zing! ;-D Ted let me drive his car, which made it easier to get there instead of me giving directions.

Then I took them to see the Sound of Music Puppets... Which were cool, but creepy. Looking around the rest of the museum was cool too. Then Duane wanted to see some famous stained-glass windows at a church, so we cruised around for a while, and I eventually found it. It turned out I knew *where* it was, just not the *street* it was on.

Then, with lack of anything else to do to kill time we headed back to my house. Duane rough-housed with Stephen and Ted did a little as well... It was fun to watch. I picked on Matthew, who is really ticklish...

And then, before I knew what has happening, Ted wrestled me down, pinned my arms, got Duane to hold my ankles and called all my siblings over to tickle me. Wow... that was bad... I couldn't wiggle away... I was laughing... A lot... And THEN! STEPHEN! My youngest brother! Stephen takes the opportunity to give me a very loud raspberry on my stomach! AHH!

...Ted and Duane released me soon after that since they were laughing so hard. My face got really red....

LOL.... ye-ah....

Eventually it got time for Ted and Duane to leave... Which was sad, but there was nothing I could do about it. There were good hugs exchanged all around and I waved at them as they drove away... I know at least I'll see them... well, now it's tomorrow.

It was a really good time! :-) It made me very happy that they came and visited me! When they initially had talked about it I didn't want to get my hopes up too high, but it worked out. :-)

Honestly, it did mean a lot... Ted lives like 4 hours from me and Duane lives about 2 hours away. :-) Good times all around...

_________
In other news,

I AM READY TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL!

...And it's time for bed.

No comments: