Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Play's the thing...

For the record of those who would understand, the following post does not pertain to the times I was in Missoula Children's Theatre.

So play practice was interesting...

I don't know what to think... I feel so self conscious... It's not that I'm excluded from the troupe, or anything... I actually feel very accepted... I don't know.... I guess it's just a new thing for me to go to play rehersal and actually have friends there... People who will talk and joke with me... specifically talking to *me*... I don't have to dig some form of conversation out of people, like highschool.

I must admit, it's really really nice!

Compared to the total unfunness that was my highschool play exerpience, being in the Christmas Carol is akin to the sun bursting out of the clouds and this voice, Monty Python-esque, shouting from the heavens, saying: "SARAH! LOOK! THEATRE CAN BE FUN!!!!"

It's weird!

And this brings it back to the awkward, self consciousness... *People I know, and are friends with, are watching me* So as I'm trying to say my lines I'm thinking: "Am I doing this right? Is this okay...? I bet some of the cast is watching me...*gulp*" and then I stumble accross some lines and move upstage instead of down etc. And then I blush and laugh and... yeah...lol... Does this constitute as stage fright? It could be a form, I guess... But I've never had this problem before.

And the fact that there are some nice looking guys in the cast doesn't help either.

LOL... I'm asking myself: "Am I good enough for this?" and I think I am... I just need to learn my lines and commit to my character...

It is only my 3rd rehearsal after all...

No comments: