Sunday, November 06, 2005

Just something quick...

So lately I've been having bouts of verbal dyslexia... And I want to blog about them before I forget them... Because they're funny!

Last Sunday, Rachel, Matt and I were watching "Most Haunted Live!" and I ment to say "ominous" but for somereason it came out "omnibus"... HAHA!

OMINOUS:
1: Menacing; threatening: ominous black clouds; ominous rumblings of discontent.
2: Of or being an omen, especially an evil one.

OMNIBUS:
1: A long motor vehicle for passengers; a bus.
2: A printed anthology of the works of one author or of writings on related subjects.

Um, yeah... Big difference... :-)

And then the other day my Aunt sent me some Toblerone chocolate. (Which I absolutely LOVE!!!) However I called it, "Toh-ber-lone" instead of "Toh-bler-rone". Matt and Rachel looked at me very confused like... And yeah... LOL!

Finally, today at lunch, we were talking about ice cream, and one of the girls at the table (her name escapes me at the moment) mentioned that the "scoop yourself" ice cream was the "pink, vanilla, and brown kind" and I was like: "What? Napoleon?" and Jill and Matt, (who were also at the table) look at me... and I repeat it: "Napoleon! You know! The 'pink, vanilla and brown' kind!" then Jill looks at me some more and replies: "You mean Neopolitan?"

NAPOLEON:
1: French general who became emperor of the French (1769-1821)
2: a rectangular piece of pastry with thin flaky layers and filled with custard cream.
3: a card game similar to whist; usually played for stakes.

NEOPOLITAN:
1: a resident of Naples.

NEOPOLITAN ICE CREAM:
1: Ice cream in brick form, with layers of different colors and flavors.

Yes. That one.



In other news, the band concert tonight was amazing! I can't wait for my mom and siblings to come hear it. It's too bad that my dad can't come... :'( I miss everyone a lot...

I can touch my toe... It feels weird.

I just got done watching Disney's "Hercules" with Matt. It was great fun! :-) Matt rocks my swashbuckling socks!

Okay, I'm going to bed.

No comments: