Saturday, April 28, 2007

A crazy dream!

OH! I almost forgot!!!! I had an awesome crazy dream this morning! It woke me up around 7:40 am... It was one of those "Whoa, I can't believe my subconscious just concocted that! Why am I terrified?!"-dreams.

So, in my dream I was babysitting or something, because only Philomena and Stephen (the 2 youngest of my siblings) were home. Everyone else was out. It was the middle of the morning and rather nice out. I was bored so I decided to go on a walk with my sister and brother.

On our walk, we're going up the street and around the corner and Philomena points to the sky and says to look at "that cloud." And I look and am like: "Um yes. It's such a very pretty... grey. What's so special about it?" And Philomena is like, "No, not THAT cloud. The one behind it!" and Stephen chimes in with an appropriate "Whoah."

I finally notice "the cloud." It's a tall-looking thunderhead, approaching with the speed of those fast forward shots of clouds that you see on nature shows, except in real time. And it's pitch black. Not just "oh, wow, that is a really dark grey cloud." It was BLACK. And had flashes of lightening coming from the very top.

My dream self recognizes this Cloud of Apparent Doom as a threat, and begins to walk the group back to the house to bunker down in the basement or something...

EXCEPT!

As I turn around, this White, 1990 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan ZOOMS by! (I had to Google image "Old minivans" to find it, but that is EXACTLY what it looked like in my dream!) And guess what's in it, and driving it.....?


Daleks.


No joke. A minivan driven by evil Daleks... The Dalek in the driver's seat wasn't holding the wheel or anything... It was just sitting there... Not buckled in or anything, but obviously driving the van. The lights on the Dalek were flashing and is was saying "Exterminate" though... (At least something was in character.)

Anyway, as the minivan of Daleks zooms by, Philomena sees them and says: "Look! It's the Daleks from STAR WARS!"

And before I get a chance to correct her, I see the minivan turn onto my street and head towards my house...

Which my thought process turns to (the dashes are meant to indicate how fast the mind of my dream self was racing.):

"Oh-my-gosh! They're-headed-for-our-house! They're-going-to-destroy-it! I've-got-to-stop-them! But-what-about-Philomena-and-Stephen? What-am-I-going-to-do-with-them? I-don't-want-them-to-get-hurt... How-can-I-stop-all-those-Daleks? What-do-they-want? Did-they-cause-that-'Cloud-of-Apparent-Doom?' How-am-I-going-to-defeat-a-minivan-full-of-Daleks? Oh. My. Gosh. I'm-going-to-die!"

And then I woke up.


I warned you! I swear I'm not doing anything that would influence my subconscious like that... I just have crazy weird awesome dreams! I actually woke up in a bit of a panic... It was the whole "hopelessness/despair/Oh-no we're all gonna die" situation.

I am definitely glad Daleks are not real.

Part of me IS sad though... What if my subconscious was going to bring in The Doctor and I just woke up too soon? I guess that's why I woke up so scared. Because in my dream I didn't feel any hope of The Doctor showing up to help. And that imagining of utter doom was totally not cool.


Oh well. Daleks do not drive minivans...


On that note.... :-P I am off to bed, for real this time.

No comments: