Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fortune cookies...

Do you even get fortune cookies that really don't give you a fortune? The brand that Wartburg buys often are just a saying or something rather motivational. Sometimes there are grammatical errors which make them even more humorous in addition to adding the traditional "in bed" or "when taking over the world" tags on the end. Anyway, every once in a while I come across one that I think deserves to be kept because they are particularly inspirational or applicable to my line of thought.

"Life to you is a dashing and bold adventure."
Haha! I try to make it that way at least... To survive the difficulty of school, homework and all the stuff I have to get done I often try to think of it all as part of my "quest." It helps a little, but it makes for a pretty boring "adventure." That's why road trips end up being so fun!

"Stop searching forever. Happiness is just next to you."
Well, right at this moment my fridge and my garbage can are on either side of me.... And my fridge is empty and well... Garbage is just not happy in general. But! I like the idea of not searching forever to find happiness.

"Your original ideas will get you well deserved recognition."
1. I like to write. 2. I think it would be awesome fun to get something published someday. 3. I like begin original. 4. I like being the center of positive attention.

"Get your mind set... Confidence will lead you on."
Good advice with Juries and Finals being next week!

"Friends long absent are coming back to you."
I miss Jessica. And Laura. And all the people at Bethel. And Julia. I miss a lot of people.

"With integrity and consistency your credits are piling up."
Then why don't I have junior status yet?
"You are capable, competent, creative and careful. Prove it."
When I got this one, I about fell out of my chair. It sounds like something Doc would say.

Other than that, that's all I have right now... Besides the fact that I want to know what the heck is up with this snow?! REALLY Iowa, get your act together! It's been spring for 3 weeks already! Where was the snow when we wanted it, over Christmas with Wartburg?

No comments: