Sunday, April 22, 2007

Mental circles...

Maybe if I wasn't PMS-ing off and on, this wouldn't be such a big deal... But really. I already work hard to suppress the idea of never having a boyfriend, never falling in love, never going on dates, never being surprised, never having anyone to hold my hand, never getting married. Being alone and single all my life....

Just because I'm 20 years old doesn't mean I'm an old maid by today's standards... I know this! People are living longer, and getting married later. But still. It hurts being alone. A lot. I'm not even pining after anyone anymore! I have no plausible crushes. No one. I'm no longer on an anti-chick-flick spree, I'm not a man-hater/feminist.

I'm just me.... with stupid PMS.

I wish on stars.
I make up stories in my head.
I don't like tuna.
I have performance anxiety.
I sing really loud in the car to music I like.
I am awkward, weird and random.
I have problems trying to control my crazy hair.
I write stories.
I love hugs.
I like old movies.
I wish I could dance.
I like to draw.

And I cry when I'm by myself. Like now.

Because I'm scared of being alone forever.

Being alone is a hard cross to bear. Especially when you have a roommate who is engaged and planning the wedding...

I don't want to be alone forever.

Someday I will be able to truthfully say YES I have a boyfriend.

Until then, I just imagine what life would be like if I could join my favorite fictional characters for something adventurous. Something to take my mind off this topic.
......
My friend The Doctor says
That every time it starts to rain -
And people run indoors again in swarms -

If you remain

Out in the rain,

You'll think you're drinking pink champagne! -

And you'll spend your life
Praying for thunderstorms!

Maybe what The Doctor tells me
Isn't altogether true -

But I love every tale he tells me -
I don't know any better ones - Do you?


My friend The Doctor says

The world is full of fantasy -

And who are you and I to disagree?

Let's hope and pray

That is the way

The life we love will always stay

For my friend The Doctor

And me!



No comments: