Thursday, April 02, 2009

BEDA (Blog Every Day in April)

Okay, so finally an update... Finals are in two weeks, so things are starting to get a little crazy around here.

My senior recital was last week and it went really well! Luke, Jessica, Ali, Amanda, my family and my Grandparents on my dad's side all came to see me. My cooperating teacher from student teaching also came. It was really nice to play for all of them. :-) And it really meant a lot for them all to come visit. :-) Rachel D. helped me do my hair (it took 2 1/2 hours to curl... It was intense) and I wore the bridesmaid dress from Leah's wedding.

I know I'm my own worst critic, and I do feel that I played really well. (Especially since I couldn't play through anything without having to stop and cough that past Monday.) But for Pete's sakes, I can't believe I skipped an entire repeat in my first piece. Bleh. Where was my brain? :-P Silly nerves. I'm really glad to be done.

Stephanie, a friend of mine who I paired with for this recital, was surprised after we finished our recital by her boyfriend who proposed to her. That was sweet and she was surprised. :-)

That night, after my family had left, we all went out for Chinese and then played some Taboo and watched The Mummy. It was really fun. Julia showed up right at the end of the recital and that was a total surprise, but very awesome. :-) I had a lot of fun!

Sunday morning we made smiley pancakes and cooked bacon and it was all very delicious. After that we sat around and talked for a good while... Just about random things. Then we played Bananagrams which is kind of like Scrabble.

Luke, Ali and Amanda left later Sunday afternoon, and Jessica too. Which was sad... Because we all had to go back to doing "school stuff."

.... It was really, really good to see everyone this past weekend... Especially Luke. :-)

-Mary, you should keep playing your flute. And every time I see your artwork, you make me miss drawing and taking art classes. I'm so ridiculously out of practice.

This week has been pretty standard and uninteresting, although my Arranging class has been kind of frustrating. Which is all I'm going to say about THAT.

My cough is doing better, which is NICE!

Last night Rachel D. and I went to the theatre to see Knowing for $1, but it was sold out. So we saw Escape from Witch Mountain instead. We figured, for $1? Sure, we'll suffer. It wasn't that bad. I mean, I was entertained, but I wouldn't pay full price for it... It's a "I'd rent it for free from the library for my younger siblings and watch it with them because I had nothing better to do" -type movie.

This morning I went to a discussion panel regarding Project Orange, which was meant to supposedly discuss some of the "issues." Lots of faculty where there as well as President Hamm and the Dean of Students. I don't feel the panel was very helpful or really talked about the issues. I do understand that 45 minutes is not enough time to fully cover everything but all they talked about was students being on committees, college administration/student communication, and tuition/financial aid.

Tomorrow is Friday already.... I keep forgetting that Flute Choir is performing with the Jazz Band tomorrow...

Whoa... I just read on Cnn.com that an early version of the Wolverine movie has been leaked on the internet... 

Also, my Thursday class is cancelled for next week, which means I can come home on Wednesday night, after band! AND if I get my final completed for that class, I don't have to return to campus until my final at 6:30 pm that following Tuesday. *crosses fingers*

I should post a tour schedule soon....  But right now I need to head to band.

No comments: