Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Quiz! Completed!

****Updated! Here's all the answers to the other songs that people couldn't guess... I know some of you are going to go... "Oh yeah! *facepalm*" ****

Okay, I agree with Isaac... I miss this... But I'm sticking with music lyrics.

I have 5523 songs in my iTunes library.... And YOU get to guess the name of the song from the provided lyrics! *** New twist! When you guess correctly, I'll try my best to find an audio of the song, so you can hear it. (which I will do later)*** I'll post the answers a week from today. If you are one of the people who read my multiple blogs, you can only guess/post answers at ONE blog.


Here we go....

1. They say he has enormous feet
And that he tends to overeat
I've heard he's fussy with his food
And eats his breakfast in the nude
Is he robust? Or very pale?
At least we know he's male! (The Scarlet Pimpernel, from the Broadway show The Scarlet Pimpernel. Guessed by Rachel V. Ignore the random Anime pictures in the video... It's all I could find.)

2. How'd ya do and hello!
I'll be running the show!
I'm your host and Emcee!
(He's your host and Emcee!)
I'll pop up here and there,
But you'll never know where,
Who and what he might be! You'll see! (Oh, the Things You Can Think! from Seussical the Musical, guessed by Rachel V. I couldn't find this version on YouTube...)

3. Every time I see you dance
In my homeroom class, makes my heart beat fast
I've tried to page you twice
But I see you roll your eyes
Wish I could make it real
But your lips are sealed, that ain't no big deal. Hey Juliet by LMNT.

4. Norway, and Sweden, and Iceland, and Finland
And Germany now one piece,
Switzerland, Austria, Czechoslovakia
Italy, Turkey, and Greece. Countries of the World by Yakko Warner, from Animaniacs.

5. I remember the way,
Our sainted mother,
Would sit and croon us,
Her lullaby.
She'd say, kids, there's a place,
That's like no other,
You got to get there before you die.
You don't get there,
By playing from the rule book.
You stack the aces.
You load the dice... (Easy Street from Annie, guessed by Rachel V.)

6. And as he asked if I would come along
I started to realize
That everyday he finds
Just what he's looking for,
Like a shooting star he shines. (Ordinary Day, by Vanessa Carlson, guessed by Rachel V.)

7. As knockabout clowns, quick change comedians
Tight-rope walkers and acrobats
They had an extensive reputation
Made their home in Victoria Grove
That was merely their center of operation
For they were incurable given to rove. (Mungojerry and Rumpleteaser, from the musical Cats. Guessed by Rachel V.)

8. He's modest, clever, and so smart,
He can barely restrain it.
With so much generosity,
There is no way to contain it! Wonka's Welcome Song from the 2005 movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I can't believe no one got this!

9. The wind in the wires made a tattletale sound
And a wave broke over the railing
And every man knew, as the Captain did, too,
T'was the witch of November come stealing. (The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, sung by Cantus. Guessed by Rachel V.)

10. Her cheeks could not flush pinker!
It’s clear as h2o!
She’s caught – hook, line and sinker!
Crushed out!
Switched on!
Worked up!
Far gone!
Knocked down!
Hard hit!
In deep!
That’s it! (She's in Love, from the Broadway version of The Little Mermaid. Guessed by Rachel V.)

11. Awe bleteth after lamb,
Lhouth after calve cu,
Bulluc sterteth, bucke verteth,
Murie sing, cuccu! (Sumer is Icumin In, an old English madrigal, guessed by Rachel D.)

12. Tom Cruise isn't, but I heard his agent is! Hanukkah Song, by Adam Sandler

13. So let me show you around, maybe play you a sound
You look like you're both pretty groovy
Or if you want something visual that's not too abysmal
We could take in an old Steve Reeves movie. Sweet Transvestite, from Rocky Horror Picture Show.

14. So have a good life,
Do it for me,
Make me so proud,
Like you want me to be,
Where ever you are,
I'm thinking of you oceans apart. Song for Ten, by Gary Williams, from the Doctor Who soundtrack.

15. And he spent his life savings on a split-level cave
Twenty miles below the surface of the earth,
And he really makes a mighty fine jelly bean and pickle sandwich,
For what it's worth. Weird Al Show Theme Song, by Weird Al.

16. The law was very firm, it
Took away my permit,
The worst punishment I ever endured.
It turned out there was a reason,
Cows were out of season,
And one of the hunters wasn't insured. The Hunting Song by Tom Lerher.

17. Sweet Polly Plunkett lay in the grass,
Turned her eyes heavenward, sighing,
"I am a lass who alas loves a lad
Who alas has a lass in Canterbury.
'Tis a row dow diddle dow day,
'Tis a row dow diddle dow dee! (Parlor Songs, from the musical Sweeney Todd, by Stephen Sondheim. Guessed by Rachel V.)

18. If you go down to the woods today
You're sure of a big surprise
If you go down to the woods today
You better go in disguise... The Teddy Bear Picnic. I don't have this version of the song, but I thought this video was cute.

19. When I sally forth to seek my prey
I help myself in a royal way.
I sink a few more ships, it’s true,
Than a well-bred monarch ought to do;
But many a king on a first-class throne,
If he wants to call his crown his own,
Must manage somehow to get through
More dirty work than ever I do... (Oh, Better Far to Live and Die, from Pirates of Penzance, by Guilbert and Sullivan. Guessed by Rachel V.)

20. ... Don't they know the whole world's already gone,
and reserved a copy from Amazon,
How many more books could you sell? (Accio Deathly Hallows, by Hank Green, guessed by Rachel D.)

21. Lórien laurë A laiqa alcar
O Ehtele lisse Nimrodel
A Nyére auta
A Lórien laurë A Lórien laurë
Lórien laurë A laiqa alcar
Orë áro Lothlórien! (Lothlorien, from Lord of the Rings, The Musical, guessed by Rachel D.)

22. Then we stumble away,
through dawns blinding sunbeams.
Barely knowing right from right,
nor left from wrong. (As We Stumble Along, from The Drowsy Chaperone. Guessed by Rachel V.)

23. If you say it softly the effect can be hypnoscious!
Check your breath before you speak, in case it's halitotious! (Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious from the Broadway version of Mary Poppins. Guessed by Rachel D. Does Mary look familiar? That's Laura Michelle Kelly... She played Galadriel in the Lord of the Rings Musical, and the Beggar Woman in the movie version of Sweeney Todd. Here's a link with the American cast...)

24. It paints you with indifference,
Like a lady paints with rouge... (Scrooge, from Muppet Christmas Carol. Guessed by Rachel V.)

25. The floor creaks,
The door squeaks,
There's a feild-mouse
a-nibblin on a broom
And I sit by myself
Like a cobweb on the shelf... Lonely Room, from Oklahoma!

26. Who's the sassy, bossy witch
Who all the boys pursue?
Grander than the Golden Snitch,
And more elusive too.
One may seek her,
One may keep her!
Both know how to score,
With Hermione Granger,
The pirate queen,
The pride of Gryffindor! (Hey! It's Can(n)on! by iTom. Guessed by Rachel D.)

27. Ladies and Gentlemen
Ev'ry duke and earl and peer is here
Ev'ryone who should be here is here.
What a smashing, positively dashing
Spectacle: the Ascot op'ning day. (Ascot Gavotte, from My Fair Lady by Learner and Lowe. Guessed by Rachel V.)

29. I'm not a fool,
I went to school!
I've been to Liverpool to Istanbul!-
Istanbul!-
I'm no fool!
And anyone will tell you that I am sharper than a knife,
But I've never seen anything like it
In my life! (Never Seen Anything Like It! From Doctor Doolittle. Guessed by Rachel V. I can't find this on YouTube...)

30. A built-in remedy
For Kruschev and Kennedy
At anytime an invitation
You can't decline... Killer Queen, by Queen.

31. Shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland Ponies.
Not, you Jimmy. You shoot normal. Spaghetti Western Swing, by Brad Paisley

32. I'll Be There
For To Me There's No Sorrow
Worse To Bear
Than A Life Lived Apart.
I'll Be There
Come The Mists On The Morrow
I'll Be There
By Your Side
And Deep Within Your Heart. I'll Be There, sung by Hadley Fraiser, from The Pirate Queen.

33. You'd never get away with all this in a play,
but if it's loudly sung and in a foreign tongue,
it's just the sort of story audiences adore,
in fact a perfect opera! (Prima Donna from The Phantom of the Opera. Guessed by Rachel V.)

34. Kizukeba itsu de mo Soba ni iru keredo
Honto wa kirai? Suki? Mousou na no?
Jibun no kimochi ga Kuria ni mietara
Redii de mo Hosuto de mo Kamawanai yo? (Sakura Kiss, by Chieko Kawabe. Guessed by Rachel D.)

35. My mother taught me to fly,
Not even knowing that she had done so!
I climbed on the roof,
A complicated route to the sky.
But the fireman got me down.
Oh, the fireman got me down. (A Route to the Sky, I have it performed by Rachel V.! And it was guessed by Rachel V. Enjoy the countertenor goodness of the video.... Haha!)

_______________

BONUS:

It's not a song, but it's a part of my iTunes:

"And his children would come in and say: Galileo! Galileo! Will you do the fandango? Thunderbolt and lightening. And very very frightening." -Eddie Izzard, from his 6th tour The Circle

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! =]
11. Sumer Is Icumen In
20. Accio Deathly Hallows by Hank Green =D
21. Lothlorien, LOTR musical
23. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, Mary Poppins (that only took a few moments to spell)
26. According to Canon
34. Sakura Kiss

Sarah said...

26 is close, but not quite.

Sarah said...

And you totally know more than that, I promise.

Rachel said...

Is it just "canon" then? I know the song! I just have issues remembering the name!! It's got canon somewhere, and I remember you playing it for me in your room 2 years ago. =P
Cannon? According to Cannon? Um...gr.
I thought some others looked familiar, I'll have to do more listening today... =]

Anonymous said...

Mwahahahaha!
Here I GO!

1)(Who is) The Scarlet Pimpernel [The Scarlet Pimpernel]
2) Oh the Thinks you can Think [Seussical]
3) Easy Street [Annie]
6) Ordinary Day [Vanessa Carleton]
7) Mungo Jerry & Rumpleteezer(sp..?) [Cats]
9) The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald [Cantus]
17) Parlor Songs [Sweeney Todd]
19) Oh, Better Far to Live and Die [Pirates of Penzance]
22) As We Stumble Along [The Drowsy Chaperone]
24)Scrooge [A Muppet Christmas Carol]
27) Ascot Gavotte [My Fair Lady]
29) Never Seen Anything Like It [Doctor Dolittle]
33) Prima Donna [Phantom of the Opera]
35) A Route to the Sky [me!]

LOVE YOU!!!
~Rae V

Anonymous said...

Oooh ooh!

10)She's in Loooooove [Little Mermaid: The Musical]

Rachel said...

Hey! It's Cannon!?
..still #26...

Anonymous said...

25. Oklahoma, Jed's song (does it have a name?)

Sarah said...

You're right, is is Jed's song from Oklahoma, but it does have a name. Do you remember it?