Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Hello 2008!

Well, 2008 is here and I'm still alive. I mean, I love how we celebrate the new year each December 31st, but to me the new year never feels different from the previous one. There's no *BOOM* at midnight as the year switches... Nobody goes... "Whoa... Here comes 2008... Better watch out! It's a doosie!" :-P It's nice to have a set "starting over point" in the calendar, but really... In the end, it's just another day etc. etc. etc.

But I did have a nice New Year Eve... Jessica and I went and saw National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets. WHICH IS AN AMAZING MOVIE! Omigosh! We both loved it! Super, super brilliant! Go see it now, if you haven't! I think what I love about this movie is that it makes it seem like, with the right "ordinary" equipment (iPod, palm pilot etc.) the right knowledge and some lucky contacts, ANYONE could do the things in this movie. You can't help but watch the movie and ask yourself why YOU didn't think of that. Or sit there and wonder if that would *really* work in "real life." (Breaking into Buckingham Palace for instance... Not that I would. Really.) The movie is a spectacular ride! Really, GO SEE IT!

After the movie, there was a bit of a freak-out when we discovered that through a lack of communication between Jessica's parents, Jessica's younger brother Jake was home with some of his friends without any supervision. We expected the worst, but it turned out okay and Jake left with his friends around 10:45 pm.

Something that was amusing... On the way home from the movie, in between freak-outs, Jessica and I headed to my house so I could pick up some stuff for our party and I asked her if I should drive separate so she wouldn't have to take me home late at night. (Because she's not really a night person and I figured I could let her get to bed whenever we were done doing whatever.) And Jessica just looks at me and says "Oh, you're spending the night. I forgot to tell you. I asked my mom, but I forgot to ask you." At this I laughed and agreed that that would be fun.

While Jake and his friends were there Jessica and I ate shrimp in the kitchen and watched America's Next Top Model. (VH1 was having a marathon.) We ran out of cocktail sauce so we had to make more... That was fun! :-) At 11:00 we watched the ball drop in New York City and then moved to the bigger TV in the living room and continued watching America's Next Top Model, discussing who we liked, and why.

For our midnight toast Jessica had sparkling grape juice, (since she is still underage) and I bought..... Strawberry Hill. (Bwahahahaha....) For real, it's like the cheapest wine you can buy. It was $1.97 at Walmart. It's talked about so much in Brotherhood 2.0 that I felt obligated, as a Nerdfighter, to purchase it. At least once. (While I was at Walmart earlier that day, I called Rachel V. about it and we both agreed that I should buy it. You can watch a video from Brotherhood 2.0 about it HERE. It's rated PG-13 just to warn you...) And yes.... It was very very bad, but I too found myself having some difficulty stopping.... But I only had 2 small wine glasses of it. Don't worry. I did NOT drink the whole thing! Strawberry Hill... Is very watery and weird tasting. Like in the video, it is one of those things that taste so bad you can't believe it, so you have to have some more to re-convince yourself of the icky-ness.

After midnight we watched 2 more episodes of America's Next Top Model. Then we went to bed. I don't know when Jessica got up, but I woke up around 10:45 and it smelled like French toast! :-) It actually was cinnamon rolls that Jessica's mom had made, but still, they were really good.

Jessica and I spent the rest of the day watching movies. It was amazing. We were bums all day! :-D We watched Heartbreak Kid, starring Ben Stiller, which was dumb... (And kind of weird...) :-P Then we watched Ratatouille which was uber cute! (I'd already seen it this summer, but Jessica hadn't because she was in China.) After that it was around 3 pm so we had some lunch. Then we watched The Devil Wears Prada, which was good, but also little weird. Then we watched some America's Next Top model. (Surprise, surprise!) Mixed in with America's Funniest Home Videos. (Hee...) Next, we watched Superman Returns, and then Rat Race.

Jessica took me home around 11:30 pm. It was really fun spending over 24 hours with her.... We haven't done that ages.... Just doing nothing at all... Watching TV in our pajamas until we had lunch. :-) Good times, good times!

I want to type a re-cap of my year in 2007, but I need to get to bed. It's 2:00 am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Sarah. Nice blog you have here! Happy New Year!