Friday, January 04, 2008

2007 revisited...

January:
I realized that I'd have to buckle down and work hard on my academics.
Saw The Fray in concert.
I went and saw The Light in the Piazza with Jessica and Leah.
Struggled with being single.
"You can't talk to me that way! I'm Herbert Hoover!" "And I'm Woodrow Wilson! Go to bed!" -Arsenic and Old Lace. :-)
Went home and saw the premiere of Faron: The Prophesy.
About 8 people told me that I "need a boy"

February:
Found out that a friend liked me.
I worked on overcoming jealousy and loneliness.
I saw Phantom of the Opera with my Dad and Mary.
Hated Valentine's Day.
Remained single.
Jessica and Scott came and visited and we saw 7th Day Slumber.
Found out what shows we would be seeing on the New York Trip.
I contracted Influenza and was out of commission for a week.
Enjoyed a random thunderstorm.
Got a rose from Laura. "For no reason." :-)
Found out a friend no longer liked me and got really really angry.

March:
I scratched the cornea of my right eye and almost had to go to the emergency room.
I became okay with being single.
I visited my friends at Bethel.
I came to the realization that I cannot be the "mother" of anyone or be the "boss" of other people's lives.
Got our goldfish, and named him Monteverdi after a Renaissance composer.
Took Leah to the emergency room after she hurt her knee.
Leah became engaged to her boyfriend Travis.
Saw Camelot with Lourey and Rachel.

April:
Saw Godspell with Rachel V.
Saw Cantus perform.
Survived finals.
Sneaked into the FAC and spent the night there with Leah.
I got a haircut.
Had a dream about Daleks driving mini-vans.

May:
Went to New York and met tons of famous people! (Including Raul Esparza, who was on Pushing Up Daisies, David Hyde Pierce from Frasier, and Hadley Frasier, who was in an episode of Doctor Who.)
Rachel V. got food poisoning from McDonald's in New York.
Saw Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.
Started working at Sukups, making steel ladders.

June:
Hung out with Jessica as much as possible.
Was introduced to Flight of the Concords.
Watched the 2007 Tony Awards.
Dealt with anger over being single.

July:
Celebrated the 4th with Jessica.
FREAKED OUT OVER THE SEASON FINALE TO DOCTOR WHO!
Jessica left for China. :-(
Had an awesome dream about The Doctor.
Got mad about the selection of the Doctor's next companion.
Was denied the training to drive a forklift.
Secretly learned how to drive a forklift.
Saw Harry Potter 5 and thought it was rather lame and made a list of the lameness.
Flipped out because a cousin posted a "spoiler" the 7th Harry Potter book on my MSN. But it turned out to be fake, so I stayed up for 5 hours in a state of hysterics for nothing. I hope something like that never happens ever again.
READ HARRY POTTER 7 ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT! :-D
Was introduced to Brotherhood 2.0
Went and visited Rachel V. and had a super awesome spectacular time!
Got food poisoning from McDonald's.

August:
Turned in my last day to work at Sukups.
Went to my first rodeo.
Received band audition music.
Went to the Iowa State Fair and filmed everything on a stick.
I bought a futon.
I moved back to Wartburg and survived ITS Boot Camp.
I studied really hard and took, and PASSED the PRAXIS!
Survived a week of being alone in my suite.

September:
Caught up with everyone moving back in.
Practiced for band auditions.
Auditioned for band and made 6th chair symphonic.
Had fun at Band Bonding, and tried to sleep out side with Rachel D. but got eaten alive by mosquitoes.
Put my blog on hiatus.
Selected music for my Junior Recital.
Celebrated my 21st birthday!

October:
CELEBRATED OUTFLY! :-D
Helped Leah memorize music for her recital preview.
Had insomnia.
Played for and passed my preview.
Found a dress to wear for my recital.
Found out that a HP character was a homosexual.
Had 6 cavities filled over fall break.
Wrote many papers, totaling about 35 pages.
Began the Doctor Who collaborative fanfiction story, with Rachel V. and I deciding the "rules" and Lourey starting it off with the prologue.

November:
Attended Leah's junior recital.
Practiced for my recital.
Played for my recital.
Got an A- on the Music History Test of DOOM.
Began rehearsals for Christmas with Wartburg.
Began to write first chapter in our Doctor Who collaborative fanfiction story.
Had a very short Thanksgiving break, but still got to spend time with Jessica.
Began to study for finals.
Had first Christmas with Wartburg performance in Des Moines.

December:
Finished the last of the Christmas with Wartburg performances and SURVIVED!
Celebrated Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day.
Cleaned the drain in our suite.
Continued to study for finals.
Celebrated Christmas with my roomates and other close friends. :-)
Took finals... Which included a presentation of a band concert program, a listening test, an arrangement of a music work and a 8 page paper on Romantic Opera.
Took my blog off hiatus.
Made peanut brittle, sugar cookies and gingerbread houses!
Had insomnia again.
My suitemate, Margie, became engaged to her boyfriend Jon.
Hung out with Jessica.
Watched all 26 episodes of Ouran High School Host Club.
Watched the fantastic Doctor Who Christmas Special!
Celebrated Christmas and New Years!




There you have it! A short recap of my year! Nothing too spectacular, but I survived and am excited for the adventures to come!

No comments: