Monday, March 06, 2006

Ooooh life....

Sooo, interesting day today...

I went to my doctor's appointment today... It turns out I have a small sinus infection. Pretty much what I/my mom suspected. Stupid head cold.... (Thanks Emily ) So the doctor prescribed some antibiotics (side effects, which include, in rare cases, kidney stones... weird...) Then around 3 pm Mom, Dad and I went to the hospital for my wisdom teeth consultation...

And waited a ridiculous amount of time, punctuated by bits of medical-related paper work...

And then the assistant called us in, and lead us to a pea-green examining room, where we watched a movie about the wisdom teeth procedure. That was only ten minutes long...

Then we waited another ridiculous amount of time... And the doctor came in and he looked at my x-rays and talked about the procedure and stuff. He seemed really nice.

BUT!

Due to the fact that I have a sinus infection, I cannot have my wisdom teeth removed at this time. This is because the top wisdom teeth lie near to the sinus wall, and sometimes the removal of the teeth and bring a piece of sinus wall with it. Normally this just heals and everything is fine, but with the added bacteria that cause a sinus infection, the hole can heal improperly which results in a hole from your mouth into your sinus.

Yuck.

So the new date is April 27th, during tour week. *siiiigh*


On a more fun note, I took Stephen and Philomena to see Curious George. Mary came too. It was a cute movie! I really liked it. I miss my siblings while I'm at school, so I wanted to do something fun with them. :-)

3 comments:

scott said...

I remember having to watch the movie, pointless. Oh well, what can you do? Oh, and (snap sound) about having to change your schedule for it.

Anonymous said...

Yay for you being able to come to our show!

Boohiss for the sinus infection. Sorry :(

Anonymous said...

You're welcome my love.


My superior immune system kicked that cold 2 weeks ago...