Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Missing good friends...

I wanna linger,
A little longer,
A little longer here with you...

It's such a perfect night,
It doesn't seem quite right,
That this should be my last with you...

And come September,
I will remember,
The happy days and friendships true..

And as the years go by,
I'll think of you and sigh,
This is good-night but not good-bye!

Camp songs always say it best....

Jessica: Your friendship means so much to me! Your support, encouragement, and attitude have helped me more then you know! You are ALWAYS there to lend an ear, and offer hugs and chocolate! I love how we share our "warm fuzzy" moments with each other, and giggle and squeal over the smallest (and not-so-small) things! I know I can tell you anything! I have so many fond memories of us together, but a few that come to mind....

Remember when we first went and saw Pirates of the Caribbean together, and we found all those camp references? (And don't forget: “It’s all fun and games until someone looses an eye! Then it's just a game: 'Find the Eye'!")

And when you, Julia and I had our Lord of the Rings marathon, and we pretended that we had sports pennants, and "waved" them as we cheered loudly for Merry and Pippin, and booed and yelled even louder at Saruman and Gollum?

Two Words: Cabin Coffee

Or when we went to Ames for my flute recital, and sat in the back of the station wagon, and BOTH got carsick from riding backwards? Then later, sharing your headphones, and jammin' to band music on the way home... LOL!

...That snickers ice cream Sunday we spilt tasted the best...

Mucho piratey love! Redheads forever, and best friends for even longer!!!! :-D
____
Isaac: When you are a famous actor, and have lots of money, I am going to join your fan club. Then I can have a bumper sticker on my car that will read: "OMG! LOOK AT THAT JAWLINE!" And everyone will know who it reffers to! :-)

I cannot thank-you enough for asking me to be in The Swordsmen. I had an enormous amount of fun, and made so many new friends. I would not trade this summer for anything! And I mean that from the bottom of my heart! I really enjoyed filming, and I learned a lot.

You continue to impress me with your strong personal integrity, and loyalty to your friends. Your patience and understanding are two very strong traits that you posses, and I admire you very much for that. I'm glad I got to know you a little better over the summer. Please continue to write, and get back to me when you are ready for an illustrator!

Do you remember when we started talking at the Night of Notables? About STAR WARS and Indiana Jones? And don't forget our discussions on classical music, piano, and music theory... And movies! :-)

I read Lord of the Rings, and saw the movies because of your passion for the series, and for that, I thank-you as well!

I wish you so much luck in whatever adventures lie ahead... God bless!
____
John: "...But his voice filled my spirit with a strange sweet sound, and that night there was music in my mind..." Yes. This quote still applies to you... And I do miss the memories associated with it… But I doubt you'll read this, so I guess this is just random.

Thanks for giving me the chance to be in The Swordsmen... I honestly am beside myself with gratitude... It was a blast! There were some times when the going got rough... lol... But the finished movie was worth it. :-)

Do you remember when we ran to Ace Hardware for stuff to make a new bow staff, and you asked for "PCP" pipe instead of PVC? I honestly think we made that clerk's day... :-) And when we were watching the dailies, and we saw the dagger throw for the first time? How we all shouted in amazement, and then rewound it, and watched it like, 5 more times? That shot turned out so cool... Yay for cheap sound effects!

I am glad I know you, and you make me smile. :-) I wish you luck in pursuing your future dreams! I'll watch for you on Broadway, someday...

I'm praying for you.
____
*sighsighsighsigh*
____
Andrea: I always have so much fun spending time with you! I wish we could have more time together... Things get rough, and just know that I am always here if you want to vent, and know that I trust you with anything!

Your excitement about the things you enjoy is so catching! I love hearing about what you do... In any subject! I'm glad you got to be a part of The Swordsmen, and it was very special to me that you were able to come back down for the grand premiere!

Do you remember one time when you spent the night, and we played STAR WARS Monopoly? And then played with the little pieces after we finished the game? Remember the story we had going? Han Solo smuggling dice, the wrinkle cream for the Emperor, the "Puree, Blend, and Tumble Dry" buttons on Darth Vader's suit... And the creepy Emperor piece "sneaking up" on C-3PO? Plus, the times when you got to stay over extra because of the snow storms!!! That rocked!!!!! :-D

I wish you oodles of luck in all your future endeavors, and rest assured that I will be first in line when you open your first feature film!!!!
____
Drew: Sometimes, I don't know what to think about you... There are times when you infuriate me... Like when you told me that Arwen died because she ate unripe fruit, or your jabs about being homeschooled... :-P But your camera work is good, and sometimes really funny... Like when you filmed yourself spinning on the tire-swing. I also would like to state that I appreciate the reassurance you gave me about my movie shots...

Do you remember when I got zapped by the cow fence? I still can't believe that your filmed that! It was pretty funny afterwards, though...

Good luck with Faron, and don't forget to save money to do it, now that you are a crazy working man now, with lots of money... Haha!
___
I have more already written... will post in the daylight hours... Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

*tears and sniffles* You're so sweet. Nothing I can say will match the beauty of that, just know that I agree, laugh, and feel the same things! Love you so much Sarah, camp friends never die!