Sunday, March 22, 2009

Recital in T minus 6 days...

My recital is this coming Saturday. Part of me is constantly going "AHHH! Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!!!!" and another part is like "Meh, whatever. Deal with it when it comes." and the last part is like, "As long as you can play through everything without having to cough, this recital is gonna ROCK!"

And I think that's the bit I need to listen to.... I need to focus on how my recital is going to go well.... And listen to other people tell me I'm going to do well too... Because lately when that's happened the "Meh, whatever." bit kicks in.

I really want to have an awesome recital.

It's not like high school where I'm playing in front of a judge for a rating, trying to out-perform the other students. All I have to do is demonstrate for my professors a musical growth and proficiency that they deem appropriate for my playing ability. I'm not competing against anyone. This recital is merely a performance. No one in that room wants me to fail. All I have to do is be awesome.

I need to figure out a way to:

1. Mentally convince myself that I will be amazing and play beautiful music at my recital.

2. Not make myself so nervous that I start to feel sick.
-This probably means lots of distractive activities Friday night.
-Lots of #1.

3. Build up enough stamina so I can play through all my music.

4. Get good sleep.


I'm going to be so relieved once this is all over. I'm already experiencing some nervous/stir-crazy energy... :-P

Something that's nice is that the dress I was planning to wear fits, and allows me to breathe. Now I just need to figure out what I'm doing with my hair.

I can do it, I can do it!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

YES YOU CAN!!!!!!!!! =D

Apanda said...

You can do it!!!!

And if you need more distractions on Friday night, just let me know. I'm trying to figure out a way to get down there, be it with your bf, or alone.

Jessica said...

Yes I will be there for many destructions too... I mean distractions =]!

Sarah said...

:-D I want all of your distractions!

Anonymous said...

I can totally understand how you feel because I had the same nervousness and worries as you did before my piano recital. There are lots of things involved if you want your performance to reach a great extent. And you have to be prepared to take bad or good reviews from your audience. Although the process is mixed with bitterness and sweetness, this experience itself is indeed a reward.