Monday, December 17, 2007

iTunes

Sometimes all I need to make me feel better is the right iTunes playlist. Music is one of the best therapies on the planet...




Godspeed from Time Machine

"To be my own hero gets lonely sometimes,
It's my ship to steer,
Oh, it's my course to find,
But when I loose my way,
It's just me steering blind,
To be my own hero gets lonely sometimes..." -My Own Hero by Joni Minstrel

"Just a day,
Just an ordinary day.
Just trying to get by.
Just a boy,
Just an ordinary boy.
But he was looking to the sky.
And as he asked if I would come along
I started to realize
That everyday he finds
Just what he's looking for,
Like a shooting star he shines.

He said take my hand,
Live while you can
Don't you see your dreams lie right in the palm of your hand..." -Ordinary Day by Vanessa Carlson

"Don’t give up
It’s just the weight of the world
When you’re heart’s heavy I - I will lift it for you
Don’t give up
Because you want to be heard
If silence keeps you I – I will break it for you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don’t give up
Because you are loved." -You Are Loved (Don't Give Up) by Josh Groban

"I've got a smile on my face, I've got four walls around me
The sun in the sky, the water surrounds me
I'll win now but sometimes I'll lose
I've been battered, but I'll never bruise, it's not so bad

And I say way-hey-hey, it's just an ordinary day
and it's all your state of mind
At the end of the day, you've still got to say,
it's all right." -Ordinary Day by Great Big Sea

"Daylight waits to shine until the moment you awaken
So you never miss the dawn
No question, now, you know which road you're taking
Lights all green, the radio plays just the perfect song

Well, the war's been won. '
All the fights are fought

You find yourself in just the spot
It's a place where everybody's got a song to sing.
Just like the final movie scene.
The prince will find his perfect queen

The hero always saves the world.
The villains get what they deserve

The boy will always get the girl
When I am King!" -When I am King by Great Big Sea

"Now as you sleep the dreams come winging clear;
The hawks of morning cannot harm you here.
Sleep is a river, flows on forever,
And for your boatman choose old John of Dreams..." -
John of Dreams from the CD Cherish the Ladies

"A waltz when she walks in the room
She pulls back the hair from her face
She turns to the window to sway in the moonlight
Even her shadow has grace
A waltz for the girl out of reach
She lifts her hands up to the sky
She moves with the music
The song is her lover
The melody's making her cry..." -So She Dances by Josh Groban

"Alone am I, me and I together.
If I went away from me,
How unhappy I would be,
Me and I, oh my." -Tubby the Tuba by Danny Kaye

"Hey buds below ... up is where to grow
Up with which below can't compare with.
Hurry - it's lovely up here ...
Life down a hole takes an awful toll,
What with not a soul there to share with
Hurry - it’s lovely up here!" -Hurry! It's Lovely Up Here! from On a Clear Day You Can See Forever

"Each evening, from December to December,
Before you drift to sleep upon your cot,
Think back on all the tales that you remember
Of Camelot.

Ask ev'ry person if he's heard the story,
And tell it strong and clear if he has not,
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
Called Camelot..." -Final Ultimo (Camelot Reprise) from Camelot

"It isn't far to hushabye mountain
And your boat waits down by the key

The winds of night so softly are sighing

Soon they will fly your troubles to sea..." -
Hushabye Mountain sung from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

"Someone--
Marry me a little,

Love me just enough.
Warm and sweet and easy,

Just the simple stuff..."
-Marry Me a Little from Company

"Somebody, hold me too close,
Somebody, hurt me too deep,
Somebody, sit in my chair
And ruin my sleep
And make me aware
Of being alive,
Being alive.

Somebody, need me too much,
Somebody, know me too well,
Somebody, pull me up short
And put me through hell
And give me support
For being alive,
Make me alive.

Make me confused,
Mock me with praise,
Let me be used,
Vary my days.
But alone is alone, not alive.

Somebody, crowd me with love,
Somebody, force me to care,
Somebody, make me come through,
I'll always be there,
As frightened as you,
To help us survive
Being alive,
Being alive..." -Being Alive from Company

"That the life that I lead
Is a little bit gray
With its lunch counter mornings
And coffee shop nights
Lunch counter mornings
And coffee shop nights..." -Coffee Shop Nights from Curtains

Doctor Who Theme (album version)

"I wish today was just like every other day
'Cause today has been the best day
Everything I ever dreamed

So have a good life
Do it for me
Make me so proud
Like you want me to be
Where ever you are
I'm thinking of you oceans apart
I want you to know

Well I woke up today and you're on the other side
Our time will never come again
But if you can still dream
Close your eyes it will seem
That you can see me now and then." -Song for Ten from Doctor Who

Rose's Theme from Doctor Who

Let Your Voice Be Heard by Cantus


"I’ve hardly met a single soul, but I am not alone.
I feel grown.
This is wanting something, this praying for it,
This is holding breath and keeping fingers crossed.
This is counting blessings, this is wondering when I’ll see that boy again.
I’ve got a feeling he’s just a someone, too.
And the beauty is, when you realize, when you realize,
Someone could be looking for a someone like you." -The Beauty Is from The Light in the Piazza

"Tiny sweet
And then it grows
And then it fills the air
Who knows what you call it?
I don't care
Out of somewhere I have something I have never had
And sad is happy
That's all I see..." -The Light in the Piazza from The Light in the Piazza

"The day we meet,
The way you lean against the wind,
And do not know that you are beautiful,
Or that anyone is watching you,
This is what I see.

And I notice how you hunger for surprise,
And do not think that you are tall enough,
Like you’re standing on a mountainside alone,
This is what I see.

You’re not alone." -Love to Me from The Light in the Piazza

"Through the eyes
On a bridge in the pouring rain
Not the eyes but the part you can't explain
For the arms you can fall into forever

For the joy that you thought you'd never know
For here at last away you go
To a man who looks for you

Can you find in the world
In the wide, wide world
That someone sees
That someone loves you..." -Fable from The Light in the Piazza

"Stretch your mind beyond fantastic
Dreams are made of strong elastic

Take some sound advice and don't forget it

Anything can happen if you let it..." -Anything Can Happen from Mary Poppins

Fairy Dance from Peter Pan

I Do Believe in Fairies from Peter Pan

"I'll Be There
For To Me There's No Sorrow
Worse To Bear
Than A Life Lived Apart.
I'll Be There
Come The Mists On The Morrow
I'll Be There
By Your Side
And Deep Within Your Heart..." -I'll Be There from The Pirate Queen

Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity
by Gustav Holst, from The Planets

"The Heart will find a Home the Ship will find a Harbor
A haven for the soul until the storms subside
But when the warmer wind blows
And when the golden light glows
We face into the dawn and float out on the tide

Fire may burn and the sky may thunder
Heroes crumble and the sun may fall
As the river circles on its endless journey
I will follow you." -Endless Journey from Riverdance

Organ Symphony No. 3 in C minor, Maestoso by Camille Saint-saens

Overture from The Scarlet Pimpernel

"These tender hearts of ours
May be endlessly naive
But we grow strong if we believe..." -Vivez! from The Scarlet Pimpernel

"There will always be a valley
Always mountains one must scale
There will always be perilous waters
Which someone must sail!" -Into the Fire from The Scarlet Pimpernel

"Oh, is it only in dreams that we find our ideal love?
Are there lovers with real love?
If you know how to feel love, show me now
Ah, but my prince, if you can't be as sweet as you seem
I'd rather dream

Come and wake me!
Come be the love I can hold now
Storybook love leaves me cold now
Show me the way to stop dreaming
There is only one perfect storybook ending
That is the end of pretending
That is the moment I say, love me now!" -Storybook from The Scarlet Pimpernel

"If I wasn't so afraid
I'd take you out the door today
But talking birds and tales of
Fairies keep me scared away
And yes, I promised not to tell what
Else is there, although
If in the maze you chance to see
A garden guarded by a tree
And meet a bird who speaks to thee
Then come and tell my fine white horse
And me!" -If I Had A Fine White Horse from The Secret Garden

"When I'm lonely yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man whose lonely without you
When I'm dreaming yes I know I'm gonna dream
Dream about the time when I'm with you." -I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers

No comments: