Monday, March 12, 2007

"At the end of the day, you just have to say 'it's alright'..."

So I'm setting here eating a bowl of Trix cereal that I got back in September for my birthday.... I finally got some milk. I like Trix :-) Yay for colorful cereal!

The dreaded history test went alright. Better than it would have had it happened when it was originally scheduled. The worst was the short answer and the essay.... I basically wrote a lot of stuff that I could imagine to be pertinent and I just hope for some points. LOL... But I'm okay with it.

I kept myself busy today... I took a shower after the test, then went to my noon class, had lunch, unpacked the rest of my stuff, changed and packed for band run-out, went to trombone class and then left with the Wartburg College Symphonic Band for our run-out destination. It was really fun! We played really well after not rehearsing together for 11 days! We weren't perfect, yes, we've played better, but it was a good concert. The crowd really liked it, and that's what counts! :-)

The bus-ride home took twice as long because it has become really foggy outside. I dozed on the bus, listening to my "Sleepy tunes" playlist on my iPod, so in a way, I did get to nap a little.

Last year's run-out was more fun, but oh well...

Tomorrow I have a lot to do... I am going to go to bed soon and actually get up on a decent time. I need to put in a variance form, submit a maintenance form--because the blinds in our room have finally broken (they no longer open), practice flute, piano and trombone, start on my Philosophy of Music paper draft for Music Methods K-8 plus some other things for that class, read some music history and start looking for a final paper topic.


Rawrgh! I can do eeeet!



I don't have 20/20 vision with my glasses and it makes life that much harder.... I have to move my music stand closer to see the notes, and the stand can only come so close when you are playing trombone.... The bell of the instrument gets in the way.... This irks me because I bought these lenses (and frames) in October. I want to go back to wearing my contacts. It's so much easier!


Great Big Sea is an awesome group! I am really starting to like their music. Thank-you Rachel V. for introducing them to me! :-D They are playing in Ames on Sunday, and I wish I could go see them, but I don't have time/money/car. :-(

I really like the song "Ordinary Day"... To me, the lyrics are all about being rushed and living a hectic life, but that's normal... so it's okay, just keep going on and be thankful for the things you have. :-)


"Ordinary Day"

I've got a smile on my face, and I've got four walls around me
I've got the sun in the sky, ah, the water surrounds me, oh you know
Yeah, I'll win now but sometimes I'll lose
I've been battered, but I'll never bruise ... it's not so bad.

And I say way-hey-hey, it's just an ordinary day
And it's all your state of mind
At the end of the day,
You've just got to say ... it's all right.

Janie sings on the corner, what keeps her from dying
Let 'em say what they want, but she won't stop tryin', oh you know
She might stumble, if they push her around
She might fall, but she'll never lie down ... it's not so bad.

And I say way-hey-hey, it's just an ordinary day
And it's all your state of mind
At the end of the day,
You've just got to say ... it's all right.

'Cause it's alright, it's alright.
It's alright!

In this beautiful life, there's always some sorrow
And it's a double edged knife, but there's always tomorrow, oh you know
It's up to you now if you sink or swim,
Just keep the faith and you're ship will come in ... it's not so bad.

And I say way-hey-hey, it's just an ordinary day
And it's all your state of mind
At the end of the day,
You've just got to say ... it's all right.

'Cause I've got a smile on my face, and I've got four walls around me.

No comments: