Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Elphie...

Life has made me grumpy.

Why do I get jealous when my guy friends hang out with other girls? Why do I struggle so much with this? WHY do I have such a bird-dog personality? Or a one-track mind... Whatever you want to call it.

HOW is it some people manage to get significant others and not me?

What's wrong with me?

WHY can't I be happy being single?

Ted gives me hugs and tickles me and teases me and calls me "hun" but it's all superfluous. Pseudo-flirting. We're friends, I KNOW that's just how he is. A gigantic flirt. I'm not letting myself be led on. I jush wish for once, that I had someone to like, who was interested in me as well.

I made a 5-finger weave bracelet tonight. 3 different colors of green, one black and one pink. Because "pink goes good with green."

"Ev'ry so often we long to steal
To the land of what-might-have-been
But that doesn't soften the ache we feel
When reality sets back in..."

That is my life.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

there's nothing wrong with you.
seriously.
it's not you.
it's them. they're not noticing you.
they don't notice a lot of people.
and a lot of people aren't happy being single.
it sucks, i know, we've all been there.
and i know you're probably tired of hearing this...
but someday, you WILL find someone.
they're just taking their time.
<3

Anonymous said...

usual Jess *hugs* I like pink and green together too! Love you lots!