Thursday, August 03, 2006

Road trip!

I went and saw Superman Returns again tonight, this time with my friend Mike. It was a good time. Especially since I always have some sort of trouble getting to Forest City. It's always an adventure. I don't know why. It's probably because I never remember the *exact* roads, so I guess and eventually get there. LOL! I actually got there with very little trouble other then running a stop sign. Which was in front of some railroad tracks... Mike saw it.... Because he yelled "STOP!!!"... lol... But I didn't notice until I was over the tracks.... Good thing there wasn't a train...

Anyway! We got there and both thoroughly enjoyed the movie! It was Mike's 1st time seeing it. Aaaaaaamazing! I love love love it! Admittedly, part of it is in a very fangirly/warm fuzzy/swoony way, but it *is* a well-made movie I think.

And then came the drive home.

Oooooh the drive home. What an adventure THAT was! Partially because I have about as much trouble getting OUT of Forest City as I do getting there and finding the theatre. I know, I know, the most logical thing being "Just go the way you came in." Well, it's not that simple. Not when I'm driving at least. So I follow this road... And come do a dead end. It was steep and paved with bricks. And Mike said: "If we go down this dead end and die, I'm going to be very ticked off." And I had to pause my turning around because I was laughing and we discussed how funny that statement was. Finally we came to an intersection except it was insanely weird. I knew the road across the intersection was one that would start me on the way home, except that I didn't know HOW to cross the intersection. This may sound weird and odd, and you definately had to be there, but in involved all the other lanes having a stoplight except mine. So I pretty much just gunned across the intersection when all the cars were stopped, still being terribly confused.

So we're on our way back and I'm telling Mike about Eddie Izzard and his "Death Star" routine which is very complicated as it involves me speaking in a very poor British accent.... And that causes me to miss the turn to head back home. And then I miss the next road to use to turn around because it was dark and I couldn't see where the road was. I finally come to a 3rd road and I turn on it and decide to pull over and look at the map instead of turning around. So Mike gets the map out and we figure out what road we're on... (Luckily I stopped right in front of the sign.) And as we're consulting the map, this conversation takes place:

Mike: *looking at the map, then outside* Hmmm... I wonder which way is West...

Me: *points to the right* That way. The moon is setting.

Mike: Touche.

Oh silliness... anyway... So we decided to continue South down the road as it was heading in the direction we wanted anyway. And then we come to another intersection.

And we both pretty much went: "Drat. Now what?"

So again we break out our trusty not really rusty map and look at it some more. And Mike says that we should go right, but I explain that that would take us pretty much back to Forest City. I pointed to the way we should go on the map and Mike still disagreed slightly and indicated the way he thought we should take. I then proceeded, through bouts of laughter to explain that even though the front of our car was facing South, the map was not. I think I said something along the lines of: "Look! *pointing to map* This is Minnesota! Minnesota is North! We're facing South!" So then Mike turned 180 degrees in his seat, looked at the map and then agreed that we should indeed turn left.

It was pretty hilarious. :-D

I love road trips too! And I am happy to inform you that we made it home safe and sound and without further incident.

No comments: