Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy weekend!

This weekend was exactly what I needed. I got to go home and have a break from the stress of Wartburg College. Mom wanted me to babysit my two younger siblings while she and my dad took Matthew to a college scholarship day.

I asked Luke if he was free to come visit annnnnnd it worked out that he could come down for a little while.

:-)

That was super super happy! Really really happy! It was absolutely so fantastic to see him! :-)

The five of us got Barrel chicken for dinner and then played an intense game of Pirates of the Caribbean Life. If everyone had stopped taking my life tiles, I would have WON. But, that's okay. It was fun. :-)

After that I taught Luke how to play Cribbage and that was a good time too. He beat me, which I suppose makes us even for the time he taught me to play Gin and I beat him. Anyway, yeah it was a lot of fun!

After that we watched Ghostbusters with Matthew. Heeeeheeeee! I love that movie! It's so much fun! And lots of random quotables and things that I had missed before... ("Shhhh! Listen! Do you smell that?" And the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man's face as the Ghostbusters destroy Gozer.)

*sigh* There are so many things that just make me feel warm and happy and... loved. :-) I couldn't stop smiling.

This morning Luke and I made an Amercianized version of a full English breakfast. It was pretty good, if I do say so myself. :-) Eggs, beans, bacon, sausages, toast and tea. (We nixed the fried tomatoes/mushrooms...) It was delicious!

I had an important birthday party to get to, so we both took off around 11 am. It's always hard to say good-bye... I mean, each time I get to see him still feels like a novelty.... Buuuuut I am going to visit him over my break, which starts on Fridaaaaaaaay... So in all reality, I don't have a long time to wait. But that doesn't mean I don't want it to be now.....

The birthday party was for Rachel V. :-) It was a lot of fun! I met everyone at Olive Garden and then we went and saw He's Just Not That Into You. It was a lot better than I thought... I don't like how the trailers portrayed this movie. Anyway, it was fairly cute and I enjoyed myself. After that we all went to Coldstone and had ice cream which was good! No surprises there, although halfway through my bowl of sweet cream with chocolate shavings I wished I had gotten chocolate ice cream instead. :-P Oh, well!

After that fantastic party we all came back to the dorm and I unpacked and then took a short nap. Upon waking I went to work at ITS. Practiced my flute after I was done with work. And now I'm blogging and working on my program notes for my recital.




So yeah... My recital... Last Friday my flute teacher told me I had improved a lot... I actually had a good lesson! :-D As long as I don't slack off, and do a lot of good, focused practicing, and work on my counting and sense of internal rhythm my recital preview should go well on Friday.

And once that is done, maybe my face will start to clear up... For maybe a week or so until my recital starts getting closer....

... I'm really working on keeping myself thinking positively and telling myself that I will pass my preview.... And praying a lot... And of course practicing a lot....

...Which brings up another stress... I think I am getting a cold! Not a runny nose or anything... But a chest cold.... Drat. Drat drat drat. I woke up from my nap and my chest feels all heavy and congested, and I try and cough and loosen it up, but nothing works.... I'm going to work really hard at getting good sleep and drinking orange juice... But I really hope I can either bash through this cold and keep practicing, or that it goes away very quickly.... I've taken Mucinex, so we'll see how that helps... It was definitely effecting my practicing tonight... :-(

I'm going to go shower and go to bed. This was a good weekend. :-)

Next weekend will be good too. I keep telling myself that "next weekend at this time, I'll be up at Bethel, with Luke..." :-)
_____________________________

Me: AHHHHHH! I'm so much in love!!!!!!! *sigh*
Rachel D.: Hahaha! I know!!!

1 comment:

Apanda said...

Luke doesn't know how to play cribbage? That surprises me. He seems like the type who would. Good thing he has you to teach him.

Hope your cold gets better.