Saturday, January 31, 2009

Quick post...

This weekend is the big Meistersinger honor band at Wartburg, so everyone involved in the WCCB is very busy... Myself included, although Rachel D., as a band librarian, is going to be living in the FAC almost all weekend. I'm just leading a coupe sectionals and helping register band students. The concert on Sunday (starts at 2pm in Neumann). Matthew and Daniel are in the two honor bands so should be pretty fun!

I went to the doctor today to get my right arm re-checked out. The arm band-thing she had me wear last week really didn't do a lot, so I've stopped and my arm has been particularly bad this last hour. Granted, Rachel D. and I were cuddling as we watched Stranger Than Fiction, so something might have got cut off, but today I've noticed that my entire right arm gets really tired very quickly. And I'm sure it's no longer related to trying to rebuild my stamina from not playing all last semester. Something is messed up. I'm going to set up a chiropractor appointment, which I hope will fix the problem, but first I have to find out WHO is a good chiropractor to go to. Also, the earliest I could make an appointment is this Thursday. :-P In addition to the chiropractor, the doctor felt my right shoulder and said that I have at least 3 knots in the deep muscle there, which would also be affecting my arm/hand. I don't think it's the cause of my ring and pinky fingers feeling tingly, but it could do something with my arm getting tired so fast. I have pain meds to take for it, but that doesn't solve the problem really. It just masks it for a while. So in regards to that, she said if the chiropractor doesn't fix all of it, I should go and get a massage.

*sigh* This is all very frustrating to someone who likes instant answers and immediate fixes. I'm always having to work on trusting God. *sigh* I just like being in control... I'm going to pray more.

More exciting news, is that I have a job interview on Tuesday, so that will be exciting! I'm also starting the 6th page out of 8 (minimum) of my final capstone paper, which I have to present on Wednesday. I can doooooo thissssssss..... Blah. Then I have to make sure my assignment for orchestration is completed by Thursday and study for that test.

Oh, but I also have to put together some form of portfolio for my interview on Tuesday. With the ambiguous help of "there's no right or wrong way" to do it. :-P

So much stuff to do.... But I'm pretty sure I can pull through. I have an awesome roommate, who has helped me through worse stuff, and a bunch of good friends! Plus! A super spectacular boyfriend. :-) I can do it! With help!

It'll be okay. Just one day at a time.

No comments: