Monday, February 11, 2008

4, 3, 12

Today in conducting Doc told us to figure out where exactly a half-note triplet figure lies within a 4/4 meter in a Holsinger score that we're studying for the next class time. As he was talking and restating the assignment and a lot of people were figuratively scratching their heads my brain clicked and I figured it out and scribbled out a couple subdivisions in my score which basically answered the assignment right there. And as I looked back up Doc caught my eye and winked at me as he asked if there were any questions about the assignment.

I win, I win, I win! :-D



I love being a music major.




In other news:

Company, the Stephen Sondheim musical I saw in New York last May has been filmed by Great Performances and will be aired on Iowa Public Television next Wednesday! Check your local listings! It's a great show! Raul Esparza is pretty much made of awesome!

No comments: