Thursday, December 25, 2008

"For unto us a Child is born..."

Hail! the heav'n-born Prince of peace!
Hail! the Son of Righteousness!
Light and life to all he brings,
Risen with healing in his wings
Mild he lays his glory by,
Born that man no more may die:
Born to raise the sone of earth,
Born to give them second birth.
Hark! the herald angels sing,
"Glory to the newborn King!"


Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone is having a spectacular holiday, filled with good company, lots of food and all that warm happy stuff. :-) Christmas is my favorite holiday.... It's so joyous! I love the anticipation of Christmas morning and then waking and finding the gifts under the tree.... The Christmas music... That "creepy Christmas feeling". Baking cookies... Spending time with family and friends. It's all wonderful. At least for me. :-)

I didn't really put together a Christmas list this year... Which is kind of risky, because it means my grandparents go off my birthday list and I run the risk of getting doubles... BUT! That didn't happen this year! I really didn't have a lot that I wanted anyway. I'm very content with everything in general. Besides, my usual plea for a boyfriend for Christmas was taken care of a month in advance. ;-)

I did get some happy, useful things... Like an ice scraper that has a brush, so I no longer have to use my sleeve to uncover my car in the winter. I also got one of those things that checks the pressure in my car tires, a car garbage bag and a fancy billfold for my car's license and registration. I also got this stand for my laptop that helps cool the underside and keep it ventilated and a wireless mouse! (Which I wrongly guessed was a 20 questions game... silly me.) My parents gave me the soundtrack to Twilight and my grandparents gave me the movie PS. I Love You. Stephen made me a candycane tree ornament and Philomena gave me an awesome bookmark. Daniel gave me this super cute light up snowman pin, and Matthew gave me a iPup that is now named Playdough. (Mostly because when I asked what I should name him, Stephen yelled PLAYDOUGH! probably because he was reading his box of... you guessed it. Playdough.) The iPup reacts to music that he hears and plays 12 different rock riffs when he's happy. He's kind of cute. Mary gave me a shirt from Central, and that's pretty sweet too.

Mary got a stickball. I am not kidding. It's a ball. And it is made of sticks. Mom and Dad were amused and we all were very "whaaa-aat???" We figured Mary could use if for an art project at school or something. But still... A stickball? At least that random enameled pineapple jar I got for my 15th birthday is better than a ball of sticks. (Which is packed away somewhere... I still don't know what to do with it.) Matthew was laughing at Mary's stickball but I told him his time is coming...

The Doctor Who Christmas special should be online tonight!!!! I am so excited! I really want to watch it!!!!! And figure out WHAT is going on from the trailer! AHH!!! (And the music in the trailer, I must add, is spectacular.)

Right now, Philomena and Stephen are watching the Magic School Bus DVD that Stephen got for Christmas, Matthew and Mary are watching the second season of House that Mary got for Christmas, and Daniel is playing Age of Empires I and winning. Dad is working on his awesome mashed potatoes and listening to Handel's Messiah. Mom just took my temperature because I'm paranoid that I'm getting sick. Well, I mean, more sick that I already am. I have this stupid slightly stuffy nose. And I've been sneezing. :-P My temperature was fine... Actually a little under, which means I should eat something other than this sour candycane. (Except that I'm not exactly hungry, which isn't a good sign. It's 3:30 and all I've had was a bowl of cereal at 9:30 am and then some Christmas candy.) And maybe have a cup of tea.

I don't want to be sick. :-(

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone! May God continue to bless you throughout the year!


"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time. " ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

2 comments:

Rae said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS my dear!

I hope you aren't getting sick! Cause that would suck. But at least you'd probably be over it by the time you had to come back to school. It's always better to be sick at home where your mom can take care of you. =D

I'm glad you had a great Christmas! And tell Mary to hold onto that stickball. She can put it in decorative bowls on a coffee table and use it as a conversation piece. lol.

Love you!

PS. Text me if you find 'The Next Doctor' online anywhere, I've been looking and I haven't found it yet!

Sarah said...

I've been looking for the Christmas special too and have thus far been unsuccessful... :-( LAME!