Friday, August 26, 2005

Party Goodness.... part two

Okay, so where did I leave off...

Drew and Jacob finished wrestling about the time the soccer game ended... I think people just got bored with it, and from a spectator POV, it was getting hard to see who was who, even with the uber-cheap stadium lighting.

After that we all kind of mingled and joked around as we decided what to do next... Laura came and sat by me... Her knee hurt, she said... :-( Then Mike came and wanted to sit with us... But there was no room. So, I told Mike that he was "scoot worthy" and I would slide over on the table, so he could have room to sit down...

(Both Laura and Mike thought that was incredibly funny... But I think they forgot about that quote... I'm the only one who blogged it...)

Then Laura, Mike, Matt, Jason and I all laid on the grass and looked at the stars. Laura and Mike had a grass fight. It was funny... We were all quite silly and happy, because at that moment, when you look at the stars, and are laughing with friends, life feels good.

Eventually we all got off the ground, people moved their cars back to where they should be parked... Laura and I sat on a table, and talked about going to see a movie together... And Isaac finally got enough consensus for some sort of a campfire.

Unfortunately, no one was helping him... They were just all kind of standing around. So I jumped in, and helped move stuff out of the way. Then Isaac tried to start the fire with just random branches, (no kindling) and gasoline... It didn't work, but it was a nice effort... So we stood there and watched the gasoline burn, and then die... So Laura, and I decided to take it upon ourselves to fix it. So we found some stuff for tinder, and kindling, and started making a fire... But then Isaac went into the house, and came back with super-bigger-then-what-Laura-and-I-were working-with- chopped wood, that totally owned our little log cabin frame... But we got it burning, and eventually had a nice little fire. :-)

Oh. And a bunch of the guys at the party were flicking matches. It was not cool. It was retarded. Luckily it was like, 10:30, so the grass was already wet with dew. ONE match actually bounced off Laura's SHIRT! And we were like: "Oh. My. Gosh! Did. You. See. That?! KNOCK IT OFF!!!!" And then one almost lit my hair on fire... But Laura saved me, because she saw the incoming match, and pushed me out of the way. Then she yelled at the rather unintelligent guys who lit the offending match.

Laura is my hero... I appreciate her quick thinking, and sharp wit... She is someone who I definitely want on my side, to watch my back, and tire-swing with me! (And save me from the tree...LOL) Laura is one of the people who rock my swashbuckling socks!!! :-D

Annnd I have to go... :-( I will finish this... I promise! haha!

No comments: